Korg Volca FM

Yes! We have reached peak analogue.

AKA digital.

3 Likes

O_o
GAS

AKA digital.[/quote]
:wink:

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Hope this sells well. Would love to see others jump back on the FM bandwagon. Yamaha’s reface didn’t quite do it for me in terms of form factor and I rarely get on with the volcas so something inbetween would be magic.

That will be my first volca o0.

Ditto.
Gimme!

Would be nice that Elektron could come out with a new Monomachine MK3 with analog filters and better FX… :alien:

do want.

Uh, yeah. I finally have GAS again.

I hope you can use the motion controls for operator frequencies. Looking at the knobs I kinda doubt it. Still cool as heck.

Well, if the UI follows the usual volca logic, it would indicate that every knob, aside from the volume, is automatable by the sequencer… the logic being, clear plastic knobs are automatable so that the leds underneath can indicate when they’re being automated. now someone just has to be able to read all the knob labels for us :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I was really interested, up until the “3 voice polyphony” part. We shall see…!

How whack would it be if this only has 8 memory slots or something? Volcas are highly unuseful to me because of their limited storage.

Also 16 pattern memories.
Finally!

Cheeky color scheme you’ve got there Korg :joy:

With 16 16-step patterns, I’d run out of memory immediately. The coolest thing about this is being able to motion-sequence parameters. Why only 16 patterns?

Akemie’s Castle is a beast if you use Eurorack

1 Like

The real killer with this is that it can load DX7 patches.

Check Korg’s instagram, I think it was on there.

1 Like

These are meant for realtime jams.
Still, 16 is twice as many as the Volca Beats, Keys, or Bass.