Korg Volca Drum

This looks interesting as I love drum machines. Iā€™ll play around with one at the shop when they arrive and see if itā€™s something I might use to feed the Digitakt.

2 Likes

looks quite versatile and rich in sound, but iā€™m curious, how many outputs itā€™s gonna have (yes, i know, itā€™s this ā€œhipster-questionā€ that always pops upā€¦).

i can imagine that it could pair very well with my OT and my Nord Drum 2, so also quite curious about the MIDI-CCā€™s it provides :slight_smile:

the tiny screen is a big turnoff thoughā€¦

but if rumours are becoming true and a new MD will be releasedā€¦:heart_eyes:

I had one and sold it. I was seriously worried about damaging my hearing using it with headphones.

1 Like

Korg out here killin it.

3 Likes

which rumours?

1 Like

the rumors of the rumors-thread :joy:

so basically people making predictions that are not oficially confirmedā€¦

Sounds like it needs an elektron Heat to warm it up ā€¦ or maybe just my YouTube does.

Might be more interesting as a quasi MI Rings-ified compact synth sample source than for its drum timbresā€¦

1 Like

lol

1 Like

An officially confirmed prediction is no longer a prediction :grin:

4 Likes

i wanted to like it but Iā€™m just not that impressed. And I love the Volcas in general

1 Like

I can see myself using the randomiser extensively and sampling into the Rytmā€¦

Agree, drum synths being strongarmed into doing melody always sounds really cool. See also: Kawai XD-5

1 Like

I didnā€™t expect this to have 6 voices.
Gives me a bit of a Volca MD vibe, and Iā€™m all for more new Volcas having swing.

Only let down for me is that, unlike the Volca Sample (first Volca with swing!), it appears to have mono output, as I see no pan parameter. The stereo 1/8" out might be dual mono like the Beats/Bass/Keys. I could be wrong.
But usually Korgā€™s digital Volcas have a stereo output. Iā€™m hoping for some under the hood and/or even factory pre-panned voices capability. (they sound panned in this video.

Either way, great add on for an Elektron with a MIDI sequencer. Excellent way to add 6 drums to your sampler or synth, especially. MM/DN/OT/DT can find joy in this, where Nord has seemed to more or less, abandoned the Nord Drum module, in somewhat typical Clavia style.

_EDIT , nevermind! @Jimmo has informed me of the pan. Well then, all systems go, sign me up!

7 Likes

Iā€™m currently watching through Cuckooā€™s tutorial and he shows you to pan. Itā€™s kind of hidden away but itā€™s there.

2 Likes

It has pan!!!
From the manualā€¦

4 Likes

and a wave folder!

Between this and the Volca Modular, itā€™s good to see Korg not afraid to ā€œlevel upā€ the Volca range!

8 Likes

Beat me to it, no pun!

2 Likes

Yours was much more informative :slight_smile:

2 Likes

GAS initiated.

im gettingā€¦both :)/

2 Likes