Korg Volca Bass Acid?

Tim at Discchord did a fine job with that video. It’s given me GAS for the TT-303 even though I hardly play acid house. I’ve read that the TT-303 isn’t made with great build quality, but Devilfish is planning a mod for it that includes upgrading knobs, switches, etc. to improve the build quality.

However, I don’t regret ordering the three Volcas as a bundle. The Volca Bass is really a full-range monosynth and not a bass-only synth - the “bass” part of the name being Korg’s playful poke at Roland. I look forward to doing all kinds of naughty things to all 3 Volcas with my Octatrack.

doh! they really missed a trick not adding accent to these units… not something that’s hackable I don’t think ?

btw, any tips on where to get the best value for buying the three volcas as a bundle ?

I got my bundle from JRRShop. The savings came to about $50 off per Volca.

and my biggest issue with the volcas (bass in this example)…drumroll…no midi control for frequency cutoff or resonance? seriously?!

I love sequencing the juicy volca analog sound into the OT but I was kind of shocked when I found out the above. :slight_smile:

To further complicate matters, Roland is rumored to be introducing a TB-303 reissue in a couple of weeks. It’ll likely be VA rather than real analog, but that might not be a problem if they get it right.

I can’t complain too much at $149…the sound is nice…just would have been much more usable if they added the frequency midi control…that seems like a blunder to me…I could do without some of the other midi controls, not having that one locks you to having to turn those two knobs…oh well

I haven’t even looked at midi control on the other two…did they leave out midi control on major settings there too?

I’m still not selling my volca trio though.

Definitely not! I’m working on ten tracks comprised solely of sounds / sequences made on the three ‘analogue’ volcas - and I’m loving their ‘limitations’…

Not exactly acid, but had to share this :slight_smile:
https://youtu.be/WNPxC4uCitI