Korg Prologue 8/16 Voice Analog Poly Synth

Following for the SDK

How is the Korg Prologue with the tuning fix just released?

Looks like a nice poly synth for the price. Currently $1,250-$1,500 and it comes with a free Electribe from Korg!

I’ve heard mixed things and listened to plenty of demos, anyone have some further comments on how it sits in a mix?

Korg has done a great job fixing the tuning issues…sounds great to my uneducated ears

This synth is a killer for the price… i got it last month in the sales here and basically got the 16 voice for the price of the 8 voice…I bought it on the back of Korg saying they were going to fix the tuning issues by the end of year and they have came through as promised

wished I knew how to code so I could take advantage of building my own oscillators and FX

1 Like

Plaits ported to Prologue

It’s free! A little extra plus on the Prologue, And this puts a extra shine on the Minilogue xd, if that turns out as expected.

2 Likes

Was there any resolution to the prologue tuning issue?

yes. all sorted now with an update apparently.

Posted recently here:

Thanks dudes im wondering if the update ever came out.

System Updater update released 12-2018.

https://www.korg.com/us/support/download/product/0/778/#software

Looks like it has the tuning fix.

2 Likes

Yeah thanks. I really like the idea of the prologue, I wish they would’ve put out dev boards for people to buy.

I haven’t seen a Korg dev board since the OASYS PCI but ya never know.

They gave some out to people at Superbooth last year, was a single oscillator and fx chip from the prologue, theres an SDK as well. The only other option is to buy a prologue and that’s not really appealing for just messing around.

Sounds like the sort of thing Moog does at MoogFest - special items you can’t order from a store and can only get from a festival.

Yeah, the moog subharmonicon was the most interesting thing, wish they made it proper production

2 Likes

… because the Minilogue xd appears to have an improved Multi-Engine.

I’m pretty sure the multi-engine in both the XD and Prologue are exactly the same. What make you say that they appear to be different?

This line from the logue SDK tab on the official website suggests the two synths do not have exactly the same Multi-Engine - whether the XD’s is improved over the Prologue’s is another discussion, imo:

Can I use the SDK Custom Content from prologue on minilogue xd (and vice versa)?
Check with the content creator to see if a minilogue xd specific version is available. If not, the prologue version can be used directly.

2 Likes

Just wondering what other owners think of the Prologue.

At first I thought it was a bit weird in that the lack of certain features, particularly modulation options, seemed absolutely criminal.

However, persevering with it I find that it is fairly easy to program a wide range of really nice and detailed sounds, which has surprised me.

Interested in what other owners (if any) think and any preferences for 3rd party OSC multi engines.

The only extra modulation possibility that I would want is to be able to assign two destinations to the Mod wheel. As pretty much all the available destinations have a dedicated knob anyway, the only advantage of assigning one to the Mod wheel is increasing the resolution of a section of the parameter.

I intend to experiment with the bi-timbral capability as each timbre can have a separate parameter assigned to the Mod wheel.

The quality of the FX is certainly top notch but they have a liited number of parameters.

I think the Korg multi engine is plenty deep though I am tempted by Sinevibes Node but have not seen a review of it anywhere.

Amazon delivered and the box was pretty messed up and torn. Wondering if this wobble looks normal. I have some other grooveboxes where there’s some wobble and it’s possible to kind of bend it into shape, but this seems extreme!

https://youtube.com/shorts/iH74n_FQ_R4?feature=share