Korg OPSIX

I think about replacing my digitone with this. Looks even more immediate.
Only thing I‘d probably miss is the multitimbrality

2 Likes

Yeah I’d have to buy one if it drops to that price in the UK, I’ve been eying up a hardware synth of some description for a while…

1 Like

Keep your digitone and sequence the opsix with it. Win. :wink:

2 Likes

Keep + buy leads to space problems :upside_down_face:

1 Like

There’ll be plenty of space in your bank account though based on the keep + buy equation :wink:

2 Likes

that’s another story

Depends on the reason for the price drop - I’d have expected it to be at the same time otherwise you create issues with import/export.

In the other thread it indicated that they had thousands of them available. Maybe a backlog of some kind was cleared or someone made an ordering error at the Opsix factory - seems like several container loads landed and they needed shifting.

Edit: Or maybe they’ve been clogging up warehouse space and they need to make room for something new.

While I’m here check out my buddy Matt Wright he does a lot of lovely work with Korgs and posts quite a bit of Opsix stuff

1 Like
1 Like

I bought mine after demoing a plugin. Some presets really impressed me.
What about this discount… well, bought it already for not a high price from local reseller and this discount did not reach EU shops yet…

My Sweetwater rep just called to confirm my OPSIX order. He thinks mine should ship out in three weeks or so, and that the synth is discontinued.

The Sweetwater page seems to confirm (screenshot above)

3 Likes

Does « No longer available » means discontinued?

1 Like

It would seem that way.

Not “out of stock” but "keeping this page up for reference.

I hope they’re intending on making an em kay 2 of it, because it’s a lovely little synth, full of possibilities

3 Likes

I don’t work for Sweetwater, so don’t have any inside knowledge beyond what my sales engineer told me.

But they use the same wording for the Analog Keys, which has been discontinued for a while:

Compare with Typhon, which is just out of stock and still has a buy box:

2 Likes

I think I figured out why they dropped the Opsix to that price in particular

2 Likes

They really did the 420 69 meme

Screenshot_20220802-104018_Chrome

6 Likes

Elon Musk must have taken a temporary gig marketing for Korg to pay for his Twitter acquisition. :joy:

1 Like

opsix does not exist at sweetwater anymore.
sold mine yesterday. won’t miss it.

well, the sound was great.
but I can’t stand that plastic, and if you saw off the keyboard the module is too big to justify the fact that there is an vst that does exactly the same, minus the plastic…

i liked doodling on it, but a unit the size of lets say an octatrack with the knobs, faders & co and not out of a cheap plastic would have made it a keeper.

1 Like

My Sweetwater rep said they’re expecting another batch later this month - got my preorder in at $329. Never really been into the FM sound but at this price I’m willing to be converted.

4 Likes

Korg’s US site still has the “new” tag on the OPSIX, but it’s missing from the Wavestate.

I wouldn’t read a lot into what’s on the website given that they still have the Cliphit and Wavedrum Mini on there, which I think have been out of production for a while.

2 Likes