Korg Monologue

That gold color is hot like a gold Zelda cartridge

6 Likes

I wasn’t really expecting to be impressed but after watching that video I was actually. That filter sounds pretty nice and the combination of sync/ringmod/super fast LFO’s makes some interesting sounds. Should be another hit for Korg and a good competitor to the microbrute

1 Like

A version of this as a module with CV integration would be awesome.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: MonoLogue

So there appears to be no dedicated amp EG.

I take it the single EG acts as simultaneous AMP + 1 mod destination.

It’s the first synth I’ve ever considered buying for the presets. :panda:

I preordered the black one. I love RDJ’s involvement with this; I love Aphex Twin. This will make a fun controller.

1 Like

This video shows a couple of interesting things:

• Display of the four lanes ( I think he said “lanes”, not “lines” - I’m not used to hearing people talk with the Oz accent) of automation at around 1:25. This looks useful, to say the least!

• A bit of a demo of the microtunings starting around 2:35. Unfortunately, Tristan noodles too fast for me to hear the flavor of each tuning. I’ll have to check them out in the store.

• Demo of Aphex Twin’s microtunings starting around 3:35. The sequencer is used to demo them, instead of the noodly manual playing, thank goodness.

1 Like

I’m just keeping my fingers crossed in hopes that they somehow find a way to allow us to chain patterns.

Hopefully the manual will be up soon, at least.

Anyone know if patterns on the Minilogue can be triggered over MIDI?

Went on a lunchtime tyre-kicking trip up to Wunjo on Denmark Street and just as I got there they had a boxful of Monologues arriving. :slight_smile:

http://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/e35/16122941_772855286200534_5419217991235534848_n.jpg

Blue is the colour for me, looked great. The classic Korg blue. Very cool looking synth.

The sequencer is where it’s at I think, with the motion recording you can get some really punchy stuff going in no time. It’s like a 303 from another planet.

For me the intrinsic sound is quite Korg-y, bit “rough & ready” maybe? The filter resonance is a bit screechy and the filter itself isn’t the smoothest, but you can get some really fun stuff out of it very easily. And I like its slightly unconventional mindset. At £250 I’d have been tempted, £300’s maybe a bit chunky but I guess we have br*xit to thank for that.

Someone know if you can save your presets sounds and sequences ?

This monologue sounds really nice ! with fx it could be really awesome too

There are 100 storage locations, 80 of which have factory presets (and something like 30 of them are from Aphex Twin).

1 Like

Sequences are stored with the patch. 4 lanes of motion/automation per patch.

1 Like

It’s cheap, could be a funny toy to play monophonic and looks easy to use !

I like the acid sound it makes :smiley_cat:

That’s an interesting point I could be in love haha

The power supply is not included with the machine ?

It’s definitely a lot of fun and very immediate.

It’s not the most sophisticated sounding filter, the envelope generator is a bit limited compared to a proper ADSR, there are no onboard FX and it’s only one 16-step sequence per patch, but it gets a lot out of what it can do.

Couple of small ergonomic things for me, the screws holding the faceplate on stand proud of the surface quite a lot, and I rubbed my hand on them a few times which was a bit uncomfortable. And the knobs have quite a lot of resistance considering how much they want to be tweaked. And also the position marker on them is just a small indent which is really hard to see even in good light.

I like it though. Everyone I’ve seen try it (in a couple of different stores) has said “I want one” within five minutes.

Not sure about a PSU. It does come with batteries.

Edit: Oh, online price is like £269? That’s not bad, but I suppose you have to add a PSU to that.

Yeah it’s not supply unfortunately…
But any DC 9v makes it work so it’s still great synth for the price

Yeah and Korg PSUs are pretty iffy on the whole so you might be better off with a generic one anyway.

1 Like