Korg Electribe 2, has anyone installed the Hacktribe OS?

Got it working now on windoze :laughing:

Wish there was a way to select multiple files for the category editing, but other than that seems like a nice editor, way better than the others I tried.

I just used the following one with success :
http://appification.de/ElectribeSampleManager/

Not a great editor, but faster but seem to works better than the e2 internal editor.

Made a sample bank with volca key/bass and MD here :
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nNv-gvJrK724nkLlqNUZmZ80liDZF3fP/view?usp=sharing

1 Like

Link to the FW for the E2 grey and blue :

5 Likes

So if I a have the e2 and the e2s, what would be the best ideal synth wise, I use it a looot, so I was thinking compining the two to have more synths to choose from. I don’t use the sampling function because of the e2s internal memory, but does hacking grants you to use the sd card as file storage ? Would it be better to hack only the e2s and keep the e2 stock firmware to keep the original soundwaves ? Or is it better to hack the 2 ? Or just the e2 and keep e2s stock ?

If you have both I’d hack the E2S because you can just reload all your samples. Hacking the E2 grants the same result, but you cant export the factory content until its hacked… at which point all factory samples are gone.

Note that hacking on both makes every single pattern point to the wrong sample location since theyre all shifted after hacking. If you have a lot of projects it might he a headache.

If you hack both you can also load the E2s factory content onto the E2. Hacking basically turns them into the same device, with all features from both devices in one.

Okay, because I really like the E2 but the E2S man, I just really hate it, not good as a sampler (it’s the storage space that’s just not enough for me) but if hacking can turn it into a E2 then hell yeah I’ll hack it

I think the E2s is best enjoyed like the E2, but with the ability to curate what samples it comes with. Like put some custom drums, oneshots and looped instrument sounds on there.

I wouldn’t get an E2s if I wanted to resample/sample phrases.

Anyone able to send me the file for use with with the red version of the E2S sampler please?

Thanks

G

Yeah, need to make some custom drums/instrument with serum !

hi
so this is the firmware already patched to be installed directly in the E2, using the firmware update function like with the korg firmware?
If I am not satisfied is it possible to reverse and reinstall the original korg firmware 2.02?

I have not try myself to go back to original firmware so I can not reply.
Maybe one of the people here can say if it work.
And yes it’s a standard upgrade for going to hacktribe.

1 Like

ok thanks for your reply.
then on E2 synth after the passage to hacktribe the pcm factory disappear definitively, you get the sampler function of the E2S, new fx / groove / oscillators, but the 55 factory oscillators remain?

yes (you mean those VA / VPM oscillators, right?)
and Hacktribe brings yet more of them.

Yes, the 55 synth/oscillators/waveforms

You loose basically all sample the drum and pcm piano and similar.
And all your old pattern can not be used anymore. So make a backup of your e2 by exporting all to the card. And make a backup of your sd card on your computer.
Then you can move to hacktribe. This way you are sure that your work won’t be lost, you will have a backup.

Thanks for the Hacktribe

since i installed Hacktribe, E2 became my favorite techno machine.
just paired it with Ambika (via MIDI processor inbetween, since E2 sequencer can’t send user-defied CC).

2 Likes

Anyone can sedme the hacked firmware? I’m a total noob in linux

Send me a pm I will send it

Hi
I created a new in-depth tutorial on YouTube for this, making also all the needed code and software available in the description to the video.
This explains also how to go back to the original firmware

Hacktribe

11 Likes