Korg Drumlogue

A cheap DSI Tempest. I’m in.

1 Like

Am I the only one who’s missing volume faders?

1 Like

this is not a finished product

Nope

1 Like

odd man out on this one, that clip was devoid of enjoyment

2 Likes

pumped!

1 Like

That’s a Roland thing - this is Korg. :slight_smile:

Korg is ooooooon fiiiiiiiiireeeeeeee

1 Like

everything coming out just makes me love elektron more

3 Likes

I was hoping a mix of analogue and digital on each voice. Something more of a free for all in terms of configuration.

1 Like

The SDK voice could be a wavetable synth model? Looper? Formant filter?

Sdk!!! Next generation of mnm)))) I hope!!

2 Likes

https://www.sinevibes.com/korggroove/

Sounds fun to create your own drum voice

6 Likes

I hope they take an approach similar to the machinedrum with lots of different digital drum machines! Either it’s good and I buy it, or it’s so-so, and at least lights a fire under some Elektron butts to make a real machinedrum successor. Similar to the model:cycles but with all the top tier elektron tricks.

Realistically though this looks to be a very straightforward drum synth with a focus on the sound design, not on the sequencing. Not sure I want a drum machine without a great sequencer that has p-locking, LFOs, probability etc.

1 Like

The sinevibes plugin can do probability, why not add a generative probability network, i already have ideas for it.

No disrespect to the Korg sequencing on their synths, I like the monologue and minilogue XD, but I don’t expect the drumlogue to be in the same league of sequencers as the AR

4 Likes

well if this thing is 600 Bucks you can pair it up with a DT and have a Rytm Esque solution1?

1 Like

What i could read is that accessing midi is not yet implemented - i.e. if you generate a certain trigger in the osciallator, you cant send out a midi event. That would have made the integration with other gear, or internal midi event very nice. Still that list is exciting.

• Supports KORG ‘logue SDK Multi-Engine plugin oscillators

I love Korg and wish other manufacturers would follow their example but opening up their platforms to developers and creating an ecosystem

My Prologue 16 can completely change identity with a simple user oscillator change, there are loads to choose from like the Mutable Instruments Plaits open source ones, including their drum oscillators too.

this will be awesome

2 Likes

NOTE - get a Korg NTS1 and you can have that SDK drum voice all ready to hook up to your Elektron units now, NTS1 = £85 with midi in/out and audio in, MOD FX and delay / reverb too

3 Likes