Korg Drumlogue

Terrible demo drum pattern on the video
But technically it seems interesting

6 Likes

This is dope AF. What took you so long, Korg.

27 Likes

Looks like almost Octa-size.

2 Likes

I’m hyped, the hybrid concept is indeed a good idea.

But a bit concerned by the digital section. Not a word about the type of synthesis involved? There is countless analog drum machines, so I have more expectations on this side of the product.
The log sdk is a fantastic addition but I’m not sure it will add the depth I’m looking for.
I have no worries about the effect section based on Korg latest releases, plus Sinevibes capabilities.

It’s a prototype… damn I want to know more.

Oh my, will it ever stop? This looks well tasty. Looking forward to more intel. Any word on price yet?

2 Likes

holy moly, I’ve been hovering over a drum machine purchase the last few months and this is looking suuuuper promising!

1 Like

Can we do knob drumming?

1 Like

All the more complicated circuits are digital then, not surprising! Not sure how much two analogue toms bring to the party, unless they can be repurposed as synth voices. Also looks like only two sample voices.

Still, I like the concept of this. Closest anyone’s come to making a budget Rytm.

Oh yes it will be mine.

1 Like

I am somewhat of a drum machine collector - and the initial impression of the sound was very nice, i think that is an insta buy, after their success with monologue that is something where certain triggers are met - i hope that their sequencer will not suck. I remember that the monolgue had also “lane” sequencer for a lot of paramters, they could implement something like this here?

Well, it’s presented as ‘future product preview’ and not as ‘coming soon’ so i don’t think it will be out before the summer…

Probably will be cool, although you’d never guess from the video, dull pattern and dull sounds.

I don’t need another drum machine but this would probably be interesting if I did, based on the specs mentioned.

2 Likes

Even the first Electribes had motion sequencing and there’s a button for motion sequence, so probaply yes.

I want to like this. But if I just listen to the track, there’s nothing about it to like.

If I disregard video and audio and someone just tells me, “Korg’s making a hybrid drum machine”, I like the sound of that a lot more than the sounds they’re using to pitch it.

7 Likes

It does not sound good, but that’s not necessarily the fault of the machine. We’ll have to wait to find out what it’s capable of.

2 Likes

That’s what my wife says about most of my tracks.

52 Likes

That’s my issues with drum machines in general these days.

Flexibility aside, nothing sounds better (to me) than a well curated set of samples.

4 Likes

Anything from MFB, tho :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This. Thank you for making my day!

1 Like