Korg Drumlogue

This thing looks cool. Hope we get more details soon!

1 Like

I agree. The engine in Volca Drum is tons of fun and very expressive (with not so good interface). I am not sure if any ā€œanalogā€ additions are really needed. Maybe for the Bass Drum only.
I hope they wonā€™t abandon this engine.

3 Likes

I have high expectations for this. I loved the Electribe ER-1 MK1 when it came out, and i hope that this will be as fun and as immediate to use, at least.

1 Like

When you look at the list of drum voices you can see after the various BD, SD etc that there is SP1 and SP2 - which I presume is sample playback, then there VPN which I presume is an FM drum voice, there is NOISE, and lastly there is USER. So unless they include a Volca Drum style voice in USER (in the way they included a wavetable oscillator within the Minilogue XD user oscillators) then I donā€™t think itā€™ll be there. Unless the VPN can get into that zoneā€¦

If the sound lives up to the (anticipated) feature set and the price is below a TR8s then I think they could be onto a real winner here.

4 Likes

Bram Bos, Tim Shoebridge, and Sinevibes have all made ā€œdrum machinesā€ for the -logue/NTS platform. Korg would be foolish not to include the ability to load user algorithms, even ā€œmelodicā€/synth tone ones!

7 Likes

Ithinkthatstheplan)

2 Likes

Still waiting for a six track User Oscillator and Gadget hardware groovebox from Korg. :smiley:

2 Likes

Itā€™s been a while since the last Electribe versionā€¦ hope springs eternal!!!

Ouch, missed that. Yes, you are probably right. My assumption was that bigger Volcas extend the capabilities of predecessors. Letā€™s see, maybe they will change the design during development.

Yā€™all stop it.
I canā€™t be getting hype for something that doesnā€™t exist yet.
BUT I STILL HOPE ITā€™S AWESOME

Iā€˜m interested if, when, how and much too.

Gimme before world breaks apart!

:joy:

1 Like

Korg might add VA and virtual acoustic synthesis of Prophecy to Drumlogue or new 37key synth in more advanced form. That is exactly what they did with Wavestate a few years after the release of Wavestation vst. But donā€™t hold your breath. It is only my speculation.

I thought Wavestate was purely sample based.

Or have I misunderstood your post?

I meant Wavestate and Wavestation VST. Both of them are sample-based,

Well, all nice and cool. But. Where is it!

I saw the replies and hoped it had been announced properlyā€¦

3 Likes

Canā€™t see anything new , itā€™s just a picture. ā€¦

4 Likes

Wahey, itā€™s nice to see this device! Very interested. :smiley:

33768_706

6 Likes

I really like the form factor.

I was really hoping weā€™d see this at Superbooth. No sign.
Maybe weā€™ll see it this year, maybe next, maybe never :frowning:

1 Like