Korg Selling Off Synths ( OPSIX, Drumlogue, etc ) Discontinued?

Which GC? Online they still show as $1399.

What were the complaints about the sq64? Any users here?
I’m considering one for my Barp 2600.

You have to go in store. I was surprised too!

I like the SQ-64. There are some odd things but overall no complaints with the SQ-64. I run CV to the DRM MkIV, and Midi to the Perfourmer and the Typhon, all simultaneously. No gate dropouts when using V-Trig. The pad lights are not really a concern for me either, and my eyesight is not too great. It’s been super reliable and consistent so far. Though I have not used it live yet.

3 Likes

I found this video that covers a fair amount if anyone is interested

I think I’m gonna hold off. Got an Osmose coming soon and I need to reign in the GAS this year

1 Like

Hey Everybody — Not coming down on anyone, but i want to be clear what this thread is about. I had to remind myself of this too.

This thread is here to off-load, the inside discussion of :
Is Korg really discontinuing each of these products, and detail about how that is happening, and speculations as to perhaps why, AND what the heck is Korg doing. That kind of discussion, has been swamping the regular product threads.

This thread is not meant to be stealing legitimate posts about specific Korg products. It’s good to post stuff that’s actually about a product in their threads. Comparisons of those products to things like them, is legitimate in those threads too.

The “regular” threads are :
OPSIX
Modwave
Wavestate
SQ-64
MS-20 FS
etc ( ? ) …

I’ve changed this thread’s title, attempting to make this distinction clearer, ‘cuz it’s hard sometimes to know.

9 Likes

I would have picked up the OPSix for its nice UI if I could have scored one while on sale. Just didn’t see the value at $799 when I’ve already have a FS1R happily covering my FM needs. If I spot an OPSix cheap in the future I might pick one up, unless Korg merges all three boxes into a super-poly FM Wavetable monster with Wave Sampling :sunglasses:

Speaking of monsters check out this FS1R controller https://youtu.be/fFcWGt21_Z8

2 Likes

Great Ceasar’s ghost that thing is huge… and awesome!

1 Like

I quite like the sound and layout of the Opsix, but I just wish they had made a module version because I would pretty much always want to use a longer keyboard with a polysynth like this, so it having that built in keybed would just be wasting my precious deskspace.

5 Likes

that reminds me of the dtronics dx7 controller, what a beaut

1 Like

On Gearspace, Korg employee Dan Phillips posts to say Modwave is not discontinued but there is a production hold up:

10 Likes

Good to know. He is the authority.

One might suppose that the same applies with the OPSIX, especially in light of them still being sold in Europe.

2 Likes

Opsix has the No longer available status at my local store.

1 Like

Fun to consider that none of these Korg synths are discontinued and that later this year they’re all back in the stores, and life goes on.

Poof !

5 Likes

I HOPE the opsix will still be produced. Dang that’s a magical synth every time I take it for a spin.

But glad Modwave will definitely still be produced

4 Likes

Korg just announced Wavestate Mk2 & SE. it is difficult for me to believe that the OPSIX won’t get a second chance of some sort too.

4 Likes

Opsix desktop, c’mon Korg :crossed_fingers: :four_leaf_clover:

10 Likes

OPSIX desktop, but combine the OPSIX front panel with the 8-part multitimbrality and individual outputs of the TX-802.

8 Likes

Desktop6. The name is too perfect for it not to exist.

8 Likes

Fun little snippet of video with Scott catching Korg developer Dan Phillips on status of Wavestate before the announcement of the new Wavestate stuff.

I guess he couldn’t say, “No comment.” Notice his expression, and struggle – as he works out what to say. Keep watching for a while.

The problems of being open for discussion, when you’re on the inside. Good journalism by Scott ! He grills Dan.

This video gives some insight into the mind of a developer with this product. Scott also asks about the module version. More struggling by Dan.

ADDED : Korg had over a year when they received ZERO CM3s.

ADDED : Why the small screens ?

ADDED : We definitely can expect to see more stuff in the three synth line. From almost at the end of the video.

5 Likes