Korg ARP 2600 Reissue

Yeah, I think they did… the product page isn’t available from the link above now. Still, I’m sure it’s just a question of hours before the official reveal and there is an influx of vidos.

Really nice, and some bits of the demo with the sample’n’hold and spring verb were lush… it’s totally out of my price range (and spare room real estate)…

Hope it does well for them.

1 Like

Oh no! I just read the copy and it says this is a limited, one time only production run. WHY?!?! Why even bother with all the tooling and engineering for a one-time run?

I’m guessing that amounts for a big chunk of the price… and presumably they’re setting themselves up as the luxury option in contrast to the inevitable B* version.

Maybe but they totally revamped and updated the keyboard controller and everything. Why even say that it’s a one time limited run??? If I was Korg I’d announce it as an initial limited run with potential for more based on sales numbers, like… come on dude!! Very afraid that I won’t be able to place an order before they sell out. Tears are running down my face.

2 Likes

IIRC the 2600 is R2D2’s voice :slight_smile:

Where’d you read that?

Reddit has the copy in the thread about it, seems pretty official. Foolish of Korg if true.

1 Like

Holy Mother! What is the price by the way? It´s not mentioned in the video and I can´t find the 2600 in the online shops. My guess is 2999,- €.

Yeah - Luke mentions it in that demo video. He also said that the sound designer added to it by talking into a mic plugged into the 2600 (mic + sample/hold). That part I didn’t know. Very cool. I wonder if they actually have lines written for R2D2 that were used for making the bleeps.

The GAK site had it at 3500 GBP or so. i.e. arm, leg, kidney and part of your liver.

2 Likes

Luckily, the liver regenerates… so if you can hold off on the pints of turps for a few months after purchase you should be absolutely fine!!

Video’s been pulled now. :dismayed:

2 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes

It’s rubbish. Doesn’t even do wavetable mate.

6 Likes

i like arp 2600, but for this money i would go buchla easel.

4 Likes

And I’d try and pick up an old Xpander, or possibly a Kijimi or Xerxes… but I can’t argue that it sounds anything other than wonderful from what I’ve seen so far.

that true, it does great., i am not sure about 3500 gbp great…

Hang on. Correct me if I’m wrong. But wasnt the original 2600GBP… in the 70s.

3500GBP today is a bargain.

Think I’ll keep my clone. The only thing it lacks is the filter switch. So I’ll mod that in myself. However that product looks amazing.

all technology is more affordable compared to 70s… i was just thinking, it does sound great, but for that kind of money, buchla 208 modul with preset storage card seems more interesting to me. This one is great, but it is in the end “just” a east side synthesis, and all the synths I have, a4 included, do that kind of sound.

1 Like