KordBot

fun fact
I ordered a deluge from new zealand, which was also a kickstarter project, last year or so
on the 27th of december.
Distance: 18.500 km…
Got it delivered today (ok, have to pick it up from the post station…)

funny how things differ…

The Deluge should be a good sequencer from what i read, does it have midi FX like scale and chord, arp?.

I backed a lot of Kickstarter projects, and most have been a success. I.e. delivered something worthwhile, i played yesterday “7th Continent” which is a unfolding story in board game format. I was really happy that someone made such a cool and thought out game, which wouldnt be possible without Kickstarter. Also i think its cool that there is now an alternative distribution channel available for new ideas.

We live in good times, with this possibility´s for creators, independent distributors.

1 Like

I got an e-mail a few days ago. Said another 6 weeks for those who ordered off website and Indiegogo. He also said all the Kickstarter units have been sent (except for a few stragglers).

7th Continent is amazing! Although it is i feel more solo friendly than co-op friendly.

parallel lives - I also ordered a Deluge and have been playing with it a lot since it arrived and stopped searching for that lost chord.

at least 6 more weeks for the Kordbot… Maybe I’ll be able to find that lost chord after all.

6 weeks :confused: that is disappointing especially since it says January on the website.

funny
did not get an email…
just got a message from indiegogo written by brad brad
nothing in there about another 6 weeks…

KordBot Delivery Status
Just to let you know that all the original KickStarter deliveries, aside from a few stragglers, are now made.

Indiegogo deliveries will proceed now, I will email you as your name comes up in the batch.

It was my aim to have been up to date by xmas, alas, despite working very hard, I was unable to meet that estimate.

There is a KordBot user group on facebook now, where many kordbot users are hanging out,
https://www.facebook.com/groups/130956730793928/

There is also the main facebook page,

I try to reply to questions there as much as I can, as when I answer a question there, everyone sees it, not just one person, which is good for everyone involved.

I was away from work the past couple of days to celebrate with my family, and am now ‘back at work’.

I do apologise, and thank you for your patience.

I played with my girlfriend, she liked it very much and that is a good sign , she is not so involved into board games like me. I think it depends on the players engagement if its a good coop experience. Its very different from other dungeon coop´s like galaxy defenders, or sword and sorcery.

Mine is waiting in customs it has been there for a week.

apparently i’m one of the kickstarter “stragglers” mentioned. finally got an email last week, no shipping info as yet.

I just don’t get the differences in handling at customs…
As I ordered the deluge last week, I got a very thoughtful tracking info…
Mine was on hold for a lenghty 3 hours…

In the beginning Brad mentioned he forced a wrong declaration to make the customer save on the taxes… I am not sure if this is still done right now… I do happily pay the taxes if I can hold those gear things in my greedy hands asap…

December 30, 2017 03:22 Leipzig - Germany Clearance processing complete at Leipzig - Germany
January 01, 2018 15:12 Leipzig - Germany Shipment on hold
January 01, 2018 18:02 Leipzig - Germany Departed from DHL facility in Leipzig - Germany

I was in same situation, but i got the mail a few weeks after it was shipped. So eventhough “nothing happened” it was on its way…and still is.

I was greedy and went to the customs and payed there directly, but i found out if i had waited they would send me a DHL guy with the package, which would also have also been cheaper than paying the customs fee.

thanks. i assume it’s just too much work for one person to get it all shipped and uploaded at the same time. i’m not expecting issues, just delays haha.

I have successfully canceled my KB order from mid 2016 and left the facebook group immediately…
That was a hell of an experience…

meh
:slight_smile:

How did you cancel? If you don’t want to post publicly, please PM me. I didn’t think I could cancel.

thanks

I really am building these things as fast as I humanly can, while trying to maintain a marriage, being a father, and keeping some sense of reality.

I fully understand the upset that some of you have expressed in waiting so long, but what I cannot do, is hand hold you throughout the process personally.

I have not lied to anyone, made stuff up or otherwise given anybody any cause to mistust me. despite being late, I have and am delivering on my promise, and, also a product that cost more than double to make than what was budgeted for.

With the time it took to re-design the whole thing, delays and hurdles to get over in production (this is my first rodeo, after all) I have ended up having to take out a personal loan to keep afloat, because failure is not an option and I would never want to let anyone down.

Bombarding me with messages serves only personal selfishness and does nothing but slow me down further. Ultimately making everyone else wait longer.
I can see how easy it would be to get upset with me, but I can only say that you will never know how hard this is to pull off until you attempt to pull something like this off yourself, at the end of the day, it’s me in my garage, and my partner in his spare room (whom I have never met) coding away all day from 10am till 1am every day.

That said, things are looking great, in reality, I manage to produce about 30 units a day, then test, then pack, then check and double check delivery addresses, enter them into a third party software, generate shipping labels, and prepare for shipement, all while trying to support people and do other clerical tasks.
I’m not making any excuses, I’ve learned many valuable and hard lessons from doing this which will put me in good stead for the next product, but I won’t apologise for working hard although at times it seems the harder I work, the more a small group of people complain at me.

Money from Kickstarter and Indiegogo orders is long gone, refunds are not given for those pledges, If you think this is unfair, then you should maybe consider the whole point of crowdfunding in the first place. These places are not ‘stores’. You are backing an idea, not just buying something off the shelf.
Considering the ‘extras’ that have gone into KordBot since then, I believe it to be a very fair transaction.

I am looking forward, as I am sure everyone else is, to all bots being in everyones hands, at which point I will be much more available to help people out and generally be more responsive, alas, for now, I should get back to work.

Brad

11 Likes

Hi Brad - I’m also waiting for a Kordbot and haven’t complained once anywhere. I think most ppl aporeciate the hurdles you describe are real and your efforts are appreciated. There will always be a small band of moaners.

The only legit gripe I see is that your comms kinda suck. In the time it took you to write this forum post to a small subset of your customers, wouldn’t it have been better to fire up the email list and send everyone still waiting a simple one liner saying “hang in there guys - your not forgotten”?

I’d appreciate that as I’ve heard zero since sending my money.

Just a thought and keep on keeping on bud.

Cheers !

Last week, I sent that exact email to the exported email address list of everyone who has backed.
with more or less the same message via indiegogo, remaining ks and also the website.
Perhaps messages end up in spam, bounce or other stuff, but again, for me to individually then ask everyone if they ‘got the message i just sent’ brings me back to the same problem.

but Housecliche, hang in there, you’re not forgotten. :wink:

even if a few people do somehow get lost in my system, they will of course, in the end, get their bot!

3 Likes

Okey dokey - I’m patient - will check spam @bradholland

2 Likes