Knobcon 2023

I think they’re just having fun.

no surprise visit by ASM?

1 Like

And no new Roland release for 909 day. What is this world coming to

2 Likes

I’m thinking about buying a Hydrasynth and am also at Knobcon, I have seen no ASM presence here.

1 Like

i played with the Jomox FM panel for quite a while and it was actually pretty great. the people from voltage and company were also extremely helpful(and knowledgable) walking me through the interface.

i am pretty sure i am going to get one when the hammer drops.

I have owned every jomox/michaelis product and i would say this is close to what i would expect from a jomox product. I hope Jurgen makes a desktop version with a full featured sequencer… as i am not really sold on the eurorack and cv of this type of instrument, although hopefully it will make some people happy.

I would love to see a Sunsyn size version of this thing with more dedicated controls, although the controls page navigation were not too hard and fairly shallow after you go the hang of it.

3 Likes
2 Likes

I like the zoo clips. He wanted to pet the painted dogs… I guess he doesn’t know they roll in each other’s piss to identify themselves as belonging to the pack.

1 Like

Putting a period on this. No thread for it yet.

1 Like

My friend was working their booth and shared a picture of all the other goofs they brought out. Crazy how much amazing gear that store has available.

1 Like

For whatever reason SonicState just now released seven videos from Knobcon 23.
I think these videos are from Jim Heywood, and they got delayed in some sort of data loss and recovery.

Youtube Playlist

NEW STUFF

Missing Link Junior from Circuit Happy, and clock remote controller
Honey Light from Hive Mind a light controlled CV interface
Pixie Dance Floor from Hive Mind a nifty Eurorack breadboard for experimenting, at a very low price.
Noise Machine from this.is.noise a tiny Bluetooth controller
MIDI Blaster from this.is.noise an infrared theremin, translating hand movements into MIDI CC or MPE notes.
Warp Core from Infrasonics an amazing sounding phase distortion/modulation stereo oscillator.
Wildwood Express from Wildwood Sound Works a digital sequencer and synthesizer with a capacitive touch sensor


Wildwood Express

EDIT : Improved description of Warp Core.

1 Like

Hey the Warp Core sounds amazing ( to me ) :

Two minute video.

Listen to the sound examples on their homepage, especially the Filthy PM Bass one.

ADDED : Phase distortion – Attention @J3RK

1 Like

Nice!! Love phase distortion!

Thanks for the @ this is cool!

I made this completely on ReFX Plasticz (all sounds including percussion etc.) which is a really simple PD synth with I’m guessing a similar set of parameters to this oscillator.

1 Like

The jomox moonwind sounds like R2D2 had a giggle. Future Retros return is nice to see, their circular sequencer is a dope deaign.

1 Like