Knobcon 2022

Modal had designed and progressed with several Eurorack modules back a ways, when their products were the 002 and 008; before the Craftsynth, Skulpt, and Argon / Cobalt. They changed their mind and reorged. I liked the original modules they did, so this is nice too. But why Kickstarter ???

2 Likes

Yeah, everyone I know who has attended a large event in the past few months has gotten COVID. I don’t blame you at all.

Whats the best channel to watch of the event?

Less than six months after Syntakt, I highly doubt they’ll be announcing a new flagship. I’d be very happy to see a new, redesigned Power Handle, though!

5 Likes

I supposed it helps with risk mitigation and gives project starter some awareness and mileage with the prospective buyers.

There is a press release from IK Multimedia that they are sharing a booth with Hammond Organ. They helped them do a virtual B3. You can see the details here, but be warned it is pretty ho-hum. Beyond that IK says they are showing off their products.

Michigan Synth works is previewing their things from Knobcon on their Instagram.

Syncussion clone and some kind of software synth Eurorack module called Brainstorm. Oh and a faderbank it seems. The Brainstorm seems pretty interesting - still to be revealed what it is actually.

https://www.instagram.com/p/ChqTPUvuMPT/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

2 Likes

I’m thinking about booking a ticket to Chicago tomorrow night and come back Sunday night.

2 Likes

Do it. And film us some Elektronauts exclusives. BTW, I think Friday is mainly for setting up (judging by the exhibitor info on the site), so Saturday and Sunday are the main days.

I’m seeing if a buddy wants to go, it’s not looking like it would be an inexpensive weekend. Probably a grand all considered.

1 Like

Enjoy yourself, it’s only money! Plus, it’s not my money.

1 Like

I’ve always wanted to spontaneously take a trip for something like this. It’s the first time in my life it’s financially feasible, but I’m still so used to being dirt poor it’s hard to convince myself to do it.

1 Like

I was going to get spontaneous Knobcon tickets but instead got spontaneous tickets to go surprise a friend for his birthday this weekend. I really want to go to one of these synth events at some point but will have to wait for a future opportunity.

In any case, this comment is a vote of confidence for spontaneous travels. Go for it!

2 Likes

It’s for a party in the “Sapphire Pavilion”, for everyone else.

The main exhibition starts on Saturday at 10 am.

1 Like

I calling it now. I thought about what ASM could be up to and thought a drum machine companion would be awesome. But no, the answer is obvious. The Hydrasampler! The Hydrasynth already resembles an Ensoniq sampling keyboard (in some respects) and then there’s one of the dudes responsible for the Octatrack at ASM now. Imagine a Hydrasynth designed to record and manipulate polyphonic samples. Take my money! :sweat_smile:

13 Likes

I’d be thrilled.

I can get on board with more samplers! Please be stereo!

3 Likes

Yeah you mean Daniel Troberg, and Glen did MPCs, and Medeli has technology for doing sampled sound banks and proprietary ICs. It’s going to happen, someday, if not this go round.

Medeli also makes various digital drum sets and portable drum pads too.

2 Likes

P O L Y P H O N Y

Thanks for nothing, Digitakt.

3 Likes

Yes! Stereo Polyphony, and put many other samplers out of business!

2 Likes