[Kickstarter] MRCC (Midi Routing Control Center)

Very interesting product. I wonder if it’ll allow you to use a Push without a CPU?

On the Remote i was thinking of the “after launch” expansion ideas but i can see using it in its original intent as well.

Using either Midihub or MRCC with the Bastl Midilooper would be interesting too. Anything where MIDI gets modified like an effect has potential. I wonder about how clean the MRCC might be changing connection “presets” on the fly – like will it note-off any on note so that MIDI notes don’t hang ? Perhaps that’s to much to ask.

As for using a Push “in the raw” i doubt it, though some people have done stuff with it outside of Live. It certainly is an interesting interface and would be fun in more of a standalone sort of role.

The MRCC is going to make it easier to bring together separate pieces of MIDI gear and route/re-route messages around. I expect to see some off-label uses for it.

Hey, its Darryl at Conductive Labs. We’re finally getting close to starting production on MRCC. Given that confidence we even opened pre-sales on Backerkit. We expect pre-sale orders to ship in March. There have been a couple of adjustments to specs. To avoid confusion, we reduced the number of outputs on our spec sheet to the physical outputs only; 11 inputs and 17 outputs. For better usability we reduced the number of virtual ports on the PC client connection from 16 to 12. This matches the number of buttons we have to route those ports without having to use the menus. We haven’t implemented poly-chaining, but we do have 5 arpeggiators!
Check out the latest pics on our website… https://conductivelabs.com/mrcc/

5 Likes

Hey Darryl, happy to learn that my shipping adress had been confirm. I’m the 141st :partying_face:

1 Like

Thanks to Conductivelabs for the big work :clap::pray:

2 Likes

Hey, how do you know your ‘number’ ? I got a confirmation from Backerkit early december, but no trace of any number.

I find it following the link that was given in a mail “Survey confirmation”, received today :partying_face:

After shipping adress confirmation, there’s a link to say bravo or some thing like that and i was the 141st to confirm. Maybe there is not any relation to my backer’s number.

Log in to your Kickstarter account, and go to the project you backed for which you want to find the backer number. Click on “View Pledge” on the left side near the top. At the bottom of the box that gets displayed is your backer number.

Thanks!

Its only taken FOREVER to get this thing done, we really underestimated the challenge. The good news is, we’re done, and just waiting for all the parts to arrive for assembly. Some parts won’t arrive as quick as we hoped so looking like end of April now, if the parts show when they are supposed to. Otherwise its a day to day slip. Apparently the power supply vendors are having trouble getting certain parts. We’re also waiting on the enclosures, which have to go through multiple steps of extrusion, brushing, cutting the holes, tapping, anodizing, and finally silkscreening. We’ll probably have orders for 400 MRCCs by the end of April, so we’re making a thousand, which we don’t expect to last long. We already have some hard to source parts for the next 1000.

5 Likes

@Conductivelabs
Delay is really understandable. We are not bad spoiled child.
As you maintain transparency and explain the difficulties you encounter, we just can be happy that you do your best to deliver quality gear.
Futhermore, as i live in France, return to customer services would be expensive in time and money. I really prefer the way you proceed. We know you as serious team that works hard, so thanks and take the time you need.
:+1::clap::pray:

2 Likes

I think those are Kickstarter backers numbers. Different than Backerkit pre-orders.

1 Like

We have not had any beta testers report on trying Push. Is it a USB MIDI class compliant device? I see mixed messages on webs.

1 Like

Wow, 2 days later and we’re at 398 MRCCs in the queue! So happy people are excited about it!

1 Like

Great question. Send me a testing unit and I’ll try it on for size. I’m a trust worthy guy, and even have been campaigning for a C.E.O. position at Elektron to help bring song mode to everything, even song mode itself. True signatures are a little lacking, but I blame the Covid. I’d totally have like 20,000 in different circumstances.

Yes, I think so, just saw the date on backerkit shift from March to April indeed.

Was just a survey number.
Today received my baker’s number :
40th
You backed it on 09/07/19 making you the 40th backer.
:relaxed: Proud !

1 Like

So judging by the order page at Conductive Labs it looks like they have the MRCC in stock and available to anyone.

Good on them as it was a tough slog, for a very worthy product.

1 Like

@Dymaxion:

To include everyone else in the conversation of the MRCC.

We’re talking 4 USB host ports — with 4 virtual USB MIDI input ports each — and a USB client (PC) connection with 12 virtual USB MIDI ports.

That works for me.
What do you want ?

1 Like