[Kickstarter] MRCC (Midi Routing Control Center)

I wish they’d done the micro88 with a few more TRS connectors - would have been ideal for addressing some of the limitations of my M:C M:S based setup.

That aside, looks awesome.

1 Like

Any information about the price of the two? I am on the fence for buying the big MRCC and now I found this. Quite interesting although I am afraid the u88 might have not enough I/O for my studio. But it might be quite right for gigging.

Nice new products. I just wish they would have developed MRCC into a finished product before moving on to their next projects. There’s still some basic functionality missing (like naming user presets), lots of USB MIDI incompatibilities… Still a great product, but it could be much better.

1 Like

What’s going on there ? Particular synths/sequencers it doesn’t like ? Hubs ? Computers ?

https://conductivelabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=22

1 Like

Loopop did a video where he uses the MRCC and the Erica Synths Matrix Mixer to connect and reconfigure a massive amount of gear. He shows how this all works and gives pointers on setting it all up.

I put the video over in the Matrix Mixer thread :

That u88 is very tempting as a midi router and interface. It would be nice to change what my MIDI keyboard and MIDI controller point to on-the-fly. I told myself no new gear this year, but I will have to keep an eye on this just the same…

1 Like

I would like MRCC on my rig, since I have 3 usb midi controllers it would handy to control many parameters with this router the synth,samplers, pedals etc.

Octatrack
waldrof xt
eurorack 100hp 15u case
Roland vdrum td-8
1010music blackbox
1010music bluebox
poly effects beebo
vongon paragraphs
hologram microcosm
eventide h90
eventide space
eventide time factor
faderfox uc-4
midi fighter twister
novation launchpad mini mk3

A few people here have mentioned the USB midi doesn’t always work for them. Definitely check the list of USB incompatibilities. There is some discussion in the “your setups” and latest purchase threads as well.

Using just DIN, it works perfectly.

2 Likes

I read it from michaeljk1963 he mention on a dawless side he has no issues. he had issues with audio midi Mac on logic with the computer configuration. since im not gonna use any computer to sync any daw would be fine to control few things

1 Like

Not to digress but what the hell does this mean:

“MIDI goes with electronic music like tomato sauce with Spaghetti Bolognese.”

https://www.synthanatomy.com/2022/06/namm-2022-conductive-labs-mrcc-µ88-midi-router-mrcc-xpandr-4x1.html

That’s some awful writing… I mean Bolognese is a sauce and for that matter traditionally shouldn’t contain much tomato.

2 Likes

As m0ld mentioned: There definitely are issues on the dawless side with USB MIDI compatibility of some devices. I’d also recommend to check the list.

1 Like

I already check those I think for my needs seem ok for now thanks

1 Like

Ordered one of these directly from their site. Didn’t realize the company is located in my city and I was able to just meet up with Darryl from @Conductivelabs and forego the shipping and handling. We ended up chatting for about an hour about gear and the business. Really cool guy and gave lots of insight on the logistics of making a device as a small company.

Really excited about this company now and what they have to bring to the future.

13 Likes

Any review from users ? I’m thinking of letting my mioxl go for a midi interface which allow splits and more realtime controls. Mio xl is working perfectly.
I would like to use my osmose, a studiologic sl73 and a touché via usb. It works like a charm with the mio…

One problem with that is that the MRCC provides four virtual MIDI In ports for each USB device port, but only one virtual MIDI Out port. To send external MIDI data to the Haken Sound Engine of the Osmose you need to send it to virtual USB MIDI port 2. But this port is not accessible via USB on the MRCC.

I talked to support of Conductive Labs and Expressive E. Both consider this a niche problem and probably won’t fix or change it. My current workaround is to use Osmose’s MIDI DIN ports instead of USB.

That quite sums up my general experience with the MRCC: In general I like it a lot for its hands-on control and flexibility, but there are quite a few limitations and incompatibilities when it comes to the USB Device ports.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply ! Just to be sure, are usb ports fixed on the mrcc ? I mean, do they always keep their respective numbers ?

And another question, how do you access preset switching ? Is it a pchange, is it instantaneous without glitch ? Thx.

You mean their port numbers when you connect a Mac/PC? No, you can assign each port individually for each preset.

According to the manual you can switch presets via MIDI program change. I don’t have any experience with that though. The beauty of the MRCC is that most often you don’t need any presets. You have one basic setting and from there you just create connections manually by pressing the corresponding buttons.

1 Like

There is an alternative to USB MIDI -> CME WIDI, in group mode things become interesting.

Thx. No I meant usb port id. If I connect the same keyboard to a different port it needs to have a reserved id or alternatively each port has a fixed number and is referenced by its number and not by the connected device.