Keystep > OT > DT > DN : can't get the keystep to control the digitone?

Hi all,

So I got this setup but I cant get my keystep to reach the Digitone.
All devices use the same Autochannel; but that channel does not work.
Channel 1-4 don’t work neither.

Anyone got the missing switch?

Have you got the keystep sending on the same auto channel?

Do you only want the keystep to control DN? If so I would put DN first in the chain, then just pass clock down the chain.

1 Like

Are you using the MIDI THRU or MIDI OUT from the OT?

Even better, can you describe how everything’s connected? More like the question marks here: Keystep OUT -> OT IN -> OT (out/thru?) -> DT IN -> DT (out/thru?) -> DN IN

And what would you like the Keystep to be able to control? All of them? Just the DN?

1 Like

I’d like to just control the DN; but being able to control the OT would be a bonus.

Right now:
KEYSTEP OUT> OT IN
OT OUT > DT IN
DT THRU > DN IN

Should I change the OT to thru instead of out?

Change DT thru to DT OUT, that should do it.

Providing of course that your keystep is transmitting on the same auto channel.

Honestly there’s a few different ways to do this, my personal way is having DN first in the chain.
Keystep out (CH 11) to DN in (with auto channel 11)
Then DN out to everything else.

1 Like

Ok, so the problem here is that the OT is receiving MIDI from the Keystep but not sending it out, I had this problem when I first got my OT and you need to set one of the MIDI tracks from the OT sending to the DN.

Let’s say your DN auto channel is set to ch 10, you then set one of the MIDI tracks of the OT (the MIDI page that has a button below the headphones vol knob) to ch 10, this will at least forward the Keystep to the DT.

I’m unsure from the DT if you would also have to set one of its MIDI tracks to ch 10 so it can forward all MIDI messages. I never done that long of a daisy chain, my case was Keystep -> OT -> A4 at first, when I got a DT I started to split the signal from the OT so only had to setup the MIDI tracks on it.

UGH. I’m having a similar problem.
I’ve been trying to sync up my Sub Phatty, RYTM, and DN.
The objective is to sync pattern changes and tempo for the DN and RYTM, and use the Phatty’s keyboard to play the DN.

I was hoping to use this in a live context with the RYTM in the lead, due to it’s song-mode capabilities. Unfortunately I think I’ve tried all the combos and orders, and none have worked.

It seems like by “Least worst” option at this point is to run the Moog’s MIDI into the DN, and the DN’s MIDI into the RYTM? So no song mode for me, I guess.

…basic rule…the dn grows further more in sonic value, once a keyboard is attached to it…
i never saw any good reasons to connect a keyboard controler to an ot, though…

1 Like

I think mostly to send MIDI down the line. Although I guess now you can play slices with keys, right?

…there’s really not much to do with a keyboard attached to an ot…

i would’nt call it playing slices…it’s more like on/off activating slices, exactly like as on the machine itself…

while the dn, well, this synth really starts to breathe, even if u have no clue of any keyboard skills…

1 Like