Keys silent

So, I’ve recently bought myself a second hand AK. But I seem to have an issue with a couple of the keys turning silent once in a while (I think specially after I change/adjust sounds, but not always). It’s the 8 or so keys to the very left of the board. There is no Multi Map, or other button pushed (as far as I can see) that could cause this. I can solve it by pressing on some of the keys a couple of times.

Anybody know what the issue could be? Is there some kind of functionality that does this? I’m a bit worried that it has some internal issues…

Thanks,
Anders

Wow, I was about to post the same problem, bottom octave leds not lighting up, and the keys are non-responsive.
I just had my AK back from Elektron, and they could not find anything wrong withit. Elektron said it could be because my room is too cold. well, it’s normal roomtemperature or above, and my other analog gear works fine obviously.
They told me to record it with my phone if it happened again. It did, and now I am awaiting reply from them again. I will keep you updated.

I have this too. Bottom octave unresponive for a bit … I bang for a few seconds and it comes back. Wasn’t sure if I was crazy or not.

Ok. So it’s not just me then. My AK is definitely not too cold as it’s standing in my living room. Let’s keep each other updated on developments!

‘room is too cold’ seems kind of ridiculous as a reason? I don’t know much about the implications of analog tho… But that’s pretty worrying for anyone playing shows on tours with random venues/gear storage areas etc.

Nice room, though… :confused:

http://stupiddope.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Its-Alive-Frankenstein-themed-Icehotel-room-by-PINPIN-Studio_dezeen_ss_3.jpg

1 Like

Here’s a short clip i made about the issue: first you see how some of the keys are silent, but when I press a certain combination of keys, the problem disappears. It seems to happen when I work on patterns.

try turning off velocity and see if that helps.

1 Like

Yeah, I can second this suggestion. And also check how the envelopes are configured for the sound. Change each envelop to the form where a tiny square is present at the beginning of the envelop shape curve.

2 Likes

Thanks, I’ll try it out tonight.

Mine is exactly like that. It seems to happen like once a session.
It is absolutely not related to velocity or envelopes.
I could be banging on the keys and no red-LED lights up.
I mostly use the keys in midi-EXT mode to play other synths.
I’m not freaking out because I don’t play live.
I would be pretty annoyed if I did.

you should all submit support tickets

1 Like

I’m in contact with them, and they are looking into the issue. They replied quickly, and seem helpful.

2 Likes

Let us know how you get on. Maybe point them to this thread as it seems to affect mullitple people.
Elektron support has been fantastic for me so far.

Luckily for me I live just outside of Gothenburg, Sweden, so I went to Elektron’s office and handed the AK to them. After a week I got it back, and it’s been working fine ever since. They weren’t able to locate the actual problem, but they took the synth apart and did some magic to it. So it seems to have been a hardware issue.

1 Like