Keyboard tracker in GRID machine

is it possible to use keyboard tracking in GRID machine on Digitakt2? If possible, then you can do some kind of multi sampling. For example, if you hit C key, 1 slice will be triggered that contains a C note piano sample. D key will trigger 2th slice with D note piano sample. etc, ect,

Welcome @wes2819.
Yes, possible with DT2 and DT1 (tested). Bass slices at 1m30s :

wow, thnx for the information. I need to watch this vid very carefully, if this is possible then the digitakt ii is almost perfect. Money well spend :slight_smile:

It is, I also tested it with DTII.
I still don’t know was is the maximum file size you can import. With DT2 standalone, you can record 66s max, so you can make 64 slices of 1 sec for instance.

regarding to file size, I also want to test (with transfer tool). want to try to import full track/tracks. and see if its possible to DJ. but first after dinner I will try multi sample, thank you for the you tube link.

Introducing Digitakt Keys…

(64 slices piano sample)

2 Likes

Yes, it worked. thnx for the vids. Btw, cuckoo also did also something similar. Just watched his extensive tutorial. He sampled a Korg synth.

I also could i’m import a whole track (mp3 +/- 11 MB). If it’s to big it won’t accept. tried a 14MB track, but Digitakt did not accept. 11MB was not a problem. But importing a track is not very useful thought :). but its possible.

1 Like

Could it be used like an auto sample feature?
Say I have a patch I want to sample to the digitakt, could I send midi starting from C going up chromatically via the sequencer, this would keep the timing consistent for the slices.

Yes, as on Blackbox. I tested it yesterday. Caveats : if you want to record 64 slices, you’re limited to around 1 second per slice. (Max recording time being 66s)

1 Like

Very cool. I guess you could even do the chords to scales.

1 Like

i used 32 slice chromatic chains and 8 slice harmonic chains (major and minor) here

2 Likes