Key combination to set track length in increments of 16?

Hello,

I’m new here and learning to use the Digitakt, very promissing so far!

While reading the manual to learn it, I came across this: On page 32, in the Scales section, it says “press [FUNC] + [UP]/[DOWN] to set the track length in increments of 16”.

Am I missing something or is the manual not accurate? Is there an actual shortcut for that?

You need to be in Scale Settings view for that to work - press [FUNC] + [PAGE] to open the Scale settings, then [FUNC] + [UP]/[DOWN] to set the track length in increments of 16.

Thanks for the answer.

I am in the Scale Settings view, I see the Length and Scale values. I tried both in Pattern mode and Track mode: I press and hold [FUNC], press [UP] or [DOWN] and the increment is 1…

Oh, I just found out that holding [FUNC] and turning the E encoder does increase/decrease in 16 increments!

Is it different for you?

that’s odd. works fine here.
another option: while in Scale Settings you can tap PAGE (no FUNC needed) to cycle through the same values.
are you up-to-date with the DT firmware?

1 Like

Thanks for the PAGE shortcut advice, great!

Weird, it says “1.11” on startup and I just installed Transfer to check, it’s indeed 1.11, which is the latest AFAIK. How can a key combination differ?

BTW, I found some online resources, if you have some to share that you find useful in terms of undocumented key combination (like this Page one), I’d appreciate you sharing!

check p69-70 in the manual if you haven’t already :slight_smile:

I haven’t read that far! haha.

I did have a look and that specific way to increment by 16 is not mentioned as far as see :smiley:

Anyway, still weird that [FUNC] + [UP]/[DOWN] doesn’t work here…

Thanks a lot for your help :pray:

2 Likes

heh, good point! i assumed it was in there…

I checked the manual and indeed says something wrong. I guess it is not up to date? anyways you already found two other ways of doing what you wanted to do.

Unfortunately that happens often, I just checked the pages 69-70, and I found something else that is not working as it is written, I guess it has been updated:

[FUNC] + [LEFT/RIGHT] to nudge tempo (when sequencer is playing).

for that, you dont need to press [FUNC] anymore.

check this for more tips and tricks.

calling @eangman !

Thanks, I did find this one, it’s a great resource!

Nananananananana Eangman!

8 Likes

Fixed the “[FUNC] + [LEFT/RIGHT] to nudge tempo (when sequencer is playing” thingie in the manuals. As you say, [FUNC] is not needed to perform this operation. The same goes for Digitone so I have fixed those manuals too. Thanks for pointing it out :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Elektron manual history was made here today, and I got to witness it…wow.

1 Like

Don’t you hold FUNC + turn encoder E on the FUNC + Page (Scale) page?

That’ll give you incr of 16 steps.

Yes that’s what I figured earlier in the thread. Or press the PAGE button to cycle through 16/32/48/64.

@eangman have you also seen these points? I believe the manual is wrong as well for using increments of 16 steps. The manual says “press [FUNC] + [UP]/[DOWN]" and it doesn’t work. The two methods above work though.

Thanks for your care, it’s wonderful!

1 Like

Yes I saw that comment. I need to check that out. Im not sure if it is an error in the manual or a small bug in the firmware. Stay tuned! Thanks for taking the time to let me know :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wow! Imagine how I am feeling right now :smiley: I pointed out something that now is being updated in the manual! I feel like a collaborator now. Elektron, maybe you can send me a model:cycles and I play with it after reading the manual and check if everything is right? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like