K⏣LYDER - Synaesthetic Explorations: An ongoing series of improvised live-looping videos

Hello all,
This is a new series of videos I’m doing with my ambient project K⏣LYDER, called “Synaesthetic Explorations”.

As the name implies, Synaesthetic Explorations will show me performing improvised live-looping soundscapes on visually augmented videos.
A new video will be released on YouTube every week , on Sundays.

This is the latest one:

PLAYLIST OF ALL SYNAESTHETIC EXPLORATIONS IS HERE

The videos are made and released in series. Each series will contain several videos, several “variations”.

A single series will be made with the exact same rig: same instruments & sounds, same live-looping rig and same type of video FXs and software…. but, because every performance is 100% improvised, each “variations” will tell a different story.

A bit like siblings, the variations of the same series will share the same DNA material but will develop in different ways.

Once all the videos from the same series are released, the audio versions of that series will be available on Bandcamp as an EP.

If you want to know all the details, the whys and the hows about the Synaesthetic Explorations, I made a lengthy post here
:
https://aetherphonic.substack.com/p/introducing-kolyders-synaesthetic

3 Likes

Synaesthetic Explorations Series 1 / Variation 2 is now available:

This 2nd variation was done with the exact same looping rig (SOMA Cosmos & Glou-Glou Loupé) & instruments as the 1st one.

I rewrote the 1st post to be more readable and manageable in the future.

Synaesthetic Explorations Series 1 - Variation 3, last one from this series, is now available on YouTube:

This is the last of this series: next one will belong to a new series.

1 Like

The 1st series being now complete, it is now available as an EP on Bandcamp:

https://kolyder.bandcamp.com/album/synaesthetic-explorations-series-01

Free download until the release of Series 2 EP in about 3 weeks !

1 Like

Let’s start the 2nd Series of Synaesthetic Explorations with a 1st Variation !

This series has been recorded using the same looping rig as Series 1 but with an entirely new set of VST instruments.

Due to an issue with the Variation 2 video, we’ll jump straight to the 3rd variation of Series 2.

The 2nd Variation will still available as audio on the Series 2 EP, that will come out next Friday (August 4th). Then I’ll pause the releases for a week before getting back with Series 3 that will feature new stuff.

1 Like

Synaesthetic Explorations Series 2 EP is available!

You most probably have seen this if you follow me on socials : I hadn’t been able to release the Variation 2 video due to an issue with it. But the audio is still on the EP.

Let’s go for a 3rd series of Synaesthetic Explorations !
Variation 1 is available now on YouTube:

1 Like

Variation 2 of the Synaesthetic Explorations Series 3 is now available !

I’m quite happy with how the video FXs turned out on this one.

The 3rd Variation, and last one, from the 3rd Synaesthetic Explorations series is here !

The EP regrouping all the performance from this series will be coming out next Friday, and will include a bonus track (a pretty crazy one!).

Series 4 will start next Sunday, and it will see A LOT of changes and evolutions on the music and video fronts. I’m very excited to share this one.

This is the 3rd EP of Synaesthetic Explorations, regrouping all the Variations from Series 3, plus a BONUS ONE that will only exists in audio.
This 4th one is a very different beast, not ambient at all ! I’d say it’s some kind of weird mix between electronic free jazz & beatless IDM.

LINK: https://kolyder.bandcamp.com/album/synaesthetic-explorations-series-03-2

Time to step up the game with the 4th series of Synaesthetic Explorations that introduces lots of changes (On top of Soma Cosmos & GlouGlou Loupé, I’m using Hainbach Fluss app. Sound sources are still VSTs but also my voice)

Variation 1 is available on YouTube:

The 2nd Variation from Series 4 is here.

I tried a minimal approach for the video on this one, by using a single picture… and a lot of masks (so it turns out to be a lot of work and not minimal at all ! :slight_smile: )

1 Like

Variation 3 of Synaesthetic Explorations Series 4, the last one before a while, is here !

1 Like

The Synaesthetic Explorations Series 4 EP is finally available !

It should have been released a month ago, but a lung infection sent me to an hospital for a week where I perfected my Darth Vador impression. It took a couple of week of resting at home after this to fully recover. So here we are !

Like for the previous installments, this EP regroups the High Quality audio version of all the tracks in series 4.

Listen & Download here: >>>>> https://kolyder.bandcamp.com/album/synaesthetic-explorations-series-04

It will be free/pay-what-you-care for about 3 weeks.

This is the last post about the Synaesthetic Explorations as I’ve decided to stop this series. Thanks to everyone who has been listening !

The best way to stay informed about what I’ll do in the future is to subscribe to the newsletter:[/u] https://aetherphonic.substack.com