Just bought an octatrack. So yeah

This, it’s really much easier to get samples onto it than the DT. I mainly use the OT for processing audio and writing rhythmic parts, so I don’t mind just recording the master outs and doing the bulk of arranging on Ableton. And when using it live there’s enough horsepower available to make things sound good in the OT alone.

1 Like

Hmm, I don’t use a computer in my setup (I have one hooked up I just never turn it on to make music :wink:). Anyway, the OT has 4 mono inputs (or 2 stereo). Routing options can get complicated, and dedicated mixers allow you to bus and route things together. Basically, run your machines into the inputs of the OT (mono or stereo). Assign that input to a thru track so it’s trigs, effects, envelopes will affect the sound source. Experiment and have fun! The routing is up to you. I’ve already got a headache from figuring out how to route my gear :zonked:. I use a mixer and sacrifices are inevitable. Search this forum often. Good luck!

1 Like

same. I don’t use Overbridge at all, despite having two other Elektron machines with it. I do all my writing in hardware and then record bit by bit into the computer and fine-tune the arrangement there as needed. I don’t mind using the computer for music, but only as a method of capturing a best-case arrangement of what I’ve been jamming with. a glorified tape machine, if you will. I’ll often work on music daily, but not open a DAW for weeks on end.

7 Likes

Tonight, I’ve learnt to resample with rec trigs. Big “FUCK YEAAAAAH” moment here, despite the feeling of trying to operate a rocket to Mars. :sweat_smile:

BTW, a quick question regarding resampling and gain staging… I’m trying to resample track 1, holding a normalized sample, volume untouched, into recorder 2… and each time, I get a recording with a super low volume. Why oh whyyyyy?

2 Likes