Just a quick appreciation post for this community

I just felt like i needed to say it, you guys are cool, discussions on this board are so civil/constructive and respectful (of course not 100% of the time but i dont think any online community can manage that)

I was browsing other audio related forums and boards more before I found this board, and was looking at some stuff again the past days, many people are just vitriolic, belittle or insult each other over being right and more knowledgeable or are disrespectful to each other, make people feel like they are inferior over minor matters or for certain questions. of course not everyone there either, but I can definitely feel a big difference
Dont want this to be like “us vs them”, but yeah, I appreciate this place

51 Likes

This forum makes my coffee taste better, thanks everyone.

17 Likes

This jawn gives me hope that the internet was not a mistake.

13 Likes

I won’t point fingers at other forums but there is often greater maturity in the posts here. More nuance, more analysis. Not always the first thing that comes to mind or even just to the fingers without passing through the brain.

9 Likes

yeah true,
I especially appreciate that it seems to me people are also not often fighting on a personal level and a bit more objective and understanding

i removed the mention of which boards i meant in my op, ur right, I dont wanna point fingers haha

5 Likes

Big ShoutOuts to the Moderators as well.
Your eternal vigilance is much appreciated.

19 Likes

This is my favorite place to post pictures of my cats!

I’ll see myself out… :neutral_face:

17 Likes

Won’t point fingers internally either, I do more than my share of drive-by deadpan one-liners.

8 Likes

this place is great indeed.

5 Likes

+1 on this one!
I’ve recently posted a topic asking for help learning the Syntakt/music production and every single reply was very welcoming, helpful and compassionate.
It already feels like second home here <3

7 Likes

Thanks is due to the mods and the guidelines.

5 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

…joking…

Yeah this is one of the better forums I’ve been on and there’s a lot of great people on here.

6 Likes

The Elektronauts mod team are absolute rockstars. 10/10, no notes. They’ve nurtured something special and unusual here.

5 Likes

I am in complete agreement about how wonderful this community is. I don’t comment much but I’m here a lot reading about all the ins and outs of the devices that I love. I really think the supportive and informative people here have greatly shaped my appreciation and perception of Elektron gear and my experience using it. Good work, all.

3 Likes

agreed. and not only tied to elektron gear either, people are really down to earth here

2 Likes

ELEKTRON SUCKS ASS

Just kidding. I got uncomfortable with all the feelings :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

:rofl:

I felt compelled to screenshot that and crop it just in case…

1 Like

Agreed. This and a couple Discord servers are the only places online that continue the original promise of the internet IMHO

The moment you throw in ads and algorithms deciding what you see, it is evil. This forum is inspiring, informative, polite, and sometimes very funny. Love it. It’s my go-to for when insomnia strikes.

8 Likes

If I could only visit one website for the rest of my life it would hands down be this one. I just enjoy the company so much. And there’s so much insight and talent on Nauts, it’s an endless source of inspiration.

7 Likes

I’ve been having similar thoughts. Very pleased that this is a community that nurture saying this out loud.
I’m off all other (death-scrollable) social media, so this forum fills quite a gap. Very thankful for the civil Discourse I’m filling that gap with :pray:

3 Likes