Junk Runner - Reload Home EP1 & EP2 (Album Release)

I wanted to share the first half of some recently recorded, mixed, and mastered tracks. This selection was part of a live set but was later multitrack recorded and mixed.

Some notes on sounds:
Analog Rythm: I spent a lot of time learning the analog HHs/Cymbls/Rides, Kick, and Clap machines. I really liked the outcome. Embrace the noise! Running some of my favorite drum samples as well.
Digitakt: Mostly running backing drum loops and early 90s digital synth samples like Korg Wavestation. Sequencing the MFB Nanozwerg as well.
Digitone: Mostly running leads and sequencing Korg 05R/W.
Korg 05R/W: Handling most chords and some leads. Absolutely loved the sounds and stereo imaging of this machine.
MFB Nanozwerg: Handling all basslines.

9 Likes

Looking forward to hearing your stuff, lad!
It’s been a while!

2 Likes

Much thanks! :bowing_man:

Had to take a hiatus from my gear (moving across the world to start a PhD), but some nice music releases in the pipeline! :musical_note:

1 Like

The drums in Rom Construct :heart:

1 Like

Purchased. I love it :star_struck:

1 Like

Much thanks! :bowing_man:

Much thanks! Love those sounds too! Spent a lot of time honing the analog machines to something I like (especially the Kick, HHs, Cymbs, and Claps).

I’ve heard so many people say “I love the Analog Rytm, but the drums are just so thin…” :man_shrugging: Couldn’t disagree more.

Wow! Thanks for all the support!

Number 2 is out

1 Like

Number 2 is out

You beat me to it! :metal:

1 Like

Finally got the second part of Reload Home EP out!

Had a lot of fun working on the bassline patches and recording knob tweaks. Features some of my favorite Digitone patches!

I really can’t express how fun this set up was for track making!

As always, very inspired by the masterful Soichi Terada in pace, tempo, minimalism, and payoff.

1 Like

Got a chance to play an hour set of these tracks last year. Along side some friends in Nagoya, Japan:

Beyond Coast (all my gear daisy chained and mixed in RME):

1 Like

Still Nanozwerg?

:eyes:

1 Like

Yup! Of course! But, I layered two bassline recordings on the first two tracks, I think. Same patch, but because the Nanozwerg is just a bit unstable you get some nice PWM type phasing.

1 Like