Joystick to control external pedals through CV

Hi,
I’ve an AK and CV controlled pedals (AH in particular). I would like to use the joystick to control effects applied to individual outputs of AK while playing. For example, if I plug output of track 4 into AH, it would be nice if I can control parameters such as mix control with the joystick. I know how to configure it with CV track being selected, but I didn’t find any solution for doing the same thing in other tracks (for example playing with track 4 being active. In the sound menu, it seems that joystick can be mapped only to the parameters of the selected track. In the performance mode, it seems that you can’t map the joystick. Am I missing something? Do you see any workaround? Thanks for your help!

The Joystick is exploiting three control sources, PitchBend/Modulation/Breath

Each of those sources is configurable per Track

There are 5 parameters per source - so, for CV, you have 5x3 modulation options for the joystick

Performance Mode is all about the encoders, after touch is separate too

Thanks for your help. If I understand you well, I can program a sequence, let’s say on track 4, and switch to CV track to use the joystick with mapped CV.

But that’s not exactly what I want to do. For example, I’d like to send track 4 output to inputs of analog heat and, while (live) playing track 4 (so with track 4 being still active), using the joystick to modulate the mix control of AH via CV. I don’t think you can map joystick to parameters of others tracks…

Anyway, I might buy an external controller to do that, if it’s not directly possible

Best to just try, but you may be right in that you need distinct MIDI channels to achieve what you want - direct control of Joystick parameters which talk to CV (i.e. CV track only) can be achieved by sending those midi messages on (default) Channel 6 … so not implicitly linked to Trck 4 events (unless Track 4 is the source for CV info) (but that precludes Value Lin which is the most flexible CV type, that’s tied to CV track)

I was watching yesterday a video of a CV controller Touché (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFCDblT4Lh0) and was trying to figure out how I could do something similar with AK and CV controlled external FX. And I didn’t come to a solution…probably the MIDI solution you described is the most promising. Thanks!