Jomox Moonwind MkII

Forgive me if there’s another thread out there but I don’t think there is. I’ve seen this in online shops with a “coming soon” on it, looks like as of this morning it’s available:

https://www.jomox.de/product_details.php?lang=2&category=&product_id=26

Not much available as far as demo sounds of videos, there’s this from Knobcon:

10 Likes

Yeah, it looks like it’s finally out at some retailers as well. I was always curious about the first one but never had a chance to try it out and there aren’t a lot of demo’s out there.

Gave a quick looks through the manual. It has a robust midi/cv implementation but interestingly the sequencer appears to only apply to the 3 filter controls and not the effects or lfos.

I like the aesthetics. It does take up a lot of desktop real estate.

It has some other FX inside too which aren’t mentioned too much. It seems like a Sherman Filterbank on steroids, but maybe not as gritty/noisy - the Sherman is a feedback monster. I want to get a Moonwind MkII into the studio and try it out. The 6 assignable CVs would be really fun with other CV gear. Maybe have the Iridium or Hydrasynth trigger something, or vice-versa. I agree about the size though. Bigger screen, smaller everything else is how I would’ve gone.

The fx look cool (formant stuff is always interesting) but they are pretty limited. With the two lfos, envelopes, and sequencer it would be cool to have some kind of mod matrix with the effects parameters as destinations but all of the modulation is self contained with the filters.

Sequenced filters are great though. The original desktop evolver and the analog four are also great for this kind of stuff.

Anyone found any documentation (or footage) about the DSP effects built in? This looks like a bit of a Sherman crossed with Analog Heat+FX keen to see how the two compare.