JoMoX Alpha Base Analog Drum Synthesizer

Nope :expressionless:

I just remembered how much I dislike Jomox. Crappy OS’s, crappy encoders, crappy customer service… no thanks

2 Likes

Specs sound hella good Though. I’d love an FM synth and input sampling on the AR too.

So happy this is real, also hope the OS has advanced -

I didn’t see specs For the sequencer ?! It says " more to come" on the spec sheet tho. I’d be surprised if there was no advancements giving the specs it looks like there going for the competition’s neck…

It has sample channels and… has audio inputs to sample with… and does fm stuff, which is super tasty on a drum synth .

Hope this works out for em. Had 2 888s over the years and sold em more for financial reasons more than anything. instead of being 909/808 clones like the names suggest, they have there own noticeably Gritty but heavy sound I miss … that old ant Rother style kick for a start. Not saying you can(t) get it elswhere tho… I jus like em. :slight_smile:

I like that it has m-brane, sampling, guitar level input & fm. hope the sequencer has some weirdness too

1 Like

Looks like the sequencer will have some more options, The leds are multi coloured. Maybe he took some specs of the Moonwind…!

http://www.jomox.de/upload/products/images_3/20.jpg

2 Likes

Jomox has its own league I think.
Different from anything else.

Don’t forget, it’s a one person company.
I once had the opportunity to get a Sunsyn for about € 2.000 :frowning:

1 Like

If this has any fun probability/random/euclidian tricks in the sequencer then… uhh… well…

12 Likes

Some people would call this a bug but a few would call this a jomox feature…!!

I want to believe, but is there an example of a Jomox machine with a solid OS?

1 Like

Airbase 99.

(backs out of the room, slowly)

2 Likes

MBase11/01, XBase09, XBase888 and MBrane 1_1

1 Like

lol yeah the rackmount with no sequencer

Xbase09 & 888? I recall the 888 I had was super glitchy before I sold it; I bought it right when it came out though. I still hear lots of complaints about the OS of the 888/999. I was hoping someone might have had positive experiences with the Moonwind they could share.

I had/have all the machines listed above.
What was your problem with the 888?

It was so many years ago, but I recall it had to do with parameter locks being funky I think

Would be a good investment… you know now :slight_smile:

The parameter locks were a bit tricky But after a second try, they were locked.

That was in the days when i thought € 2000 is a lot for a synthesizer…:sob: