Jogging House - Rendezvous (Ambient/Downtempo Album)

Dear Elektronauts!

I’m happy to share a new album of mine with you. It‘s called ‘Rendezvous’ and was the most fun I had making music in a long time. It‘s very me and incredibly dear to my heart.

‘Rendezvous’ is deep and melodic, loopy and, dare I say it, groovy.

The story of this album is that around the end of last year, I mentioned on my discord server, that I felt a little empty after working so much. About two hours later, my friend Coulerves sent over a whole bunch of tapeloops he recorded with a Jazzmaster and Rhodes, because he thought like I might find a use for them. He was very right.

Those loops became the foundation of all tracks. Entirely mangled, chopped up and manipulated, they had no resemblence with the original, but they were wonderful starting points for me. A workflow I originally began making music with. It made me find something that I thought I had lost.

Gear wise, all sample fun and arranging took place in the Digitakt. I got all the main elemtents of a track going in there and then added a bit of modular and pedals for bass and background sounds.

The album is available digitally, on vinyl and cassette. Downloads are name-your-price for two weeks.

There will also be a listening party tomorrow (Wednesday) at 9pm CET.

I hope you will enjoy the music.
Thank you!

11 Likes

Great release!
I listened to the whole album while working and it really got me into the zone.
One question, did you use the Allen & Heath GL mixer for this release and how do you like it in general?

1 Like

sweet! i need to pick up some of your releases (before they sell out) on patch point! thanks for sharing

1 Like

Thank you! I always use the GL mixer, even though I realize I basically never list it. I like it a lot. I mainly bought it for all the sends and groups, not the channel count. I could easily live with half as many.

It‘s a great tool, but not the kind of mixer that makes your music sound warmer or something like that. Also, you can probably get it for relatively little money. Mine was quite the steal. It‘s huge, tho. Even though I have the smallest version. A smaller footprint would be nice.

1 Like

Thanks. PP does have a few of my older albums. There also is my bandcamp page, hint hint :slight_smile:

1 Like