Jamuary 2023

this is super badass im really into this. love the percussion

1 Like

Thanks! It’s a lot of previously sampled bits sliced up through the OT mostly :relaxed: Handpercussion, TR-8, some Volcas. Anything that sounds good :nerd_face:

3 Likes

some acid bass beats from Roland TB-03 and TR-08 recorded using TX-6

4 Likes

I made this cheezy video to accompany my first Jamuary - a Psytrance inspired Syntakt JAM. I play some samples from Octatrack only an extra “high” kick, some rumble background and voice samples.

Had a lot of fun with this one ! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Seems to only be left channel …

1 Like

I hear on both left and right monitor on my setup so may be your studio setup? I tested it out and sound comes out fine for both my monitors. Check your setup.

Let’s wait for a 3rd party to chime in :slight_smile: I’m listening from my headphones on soundcloud and your video is the only one coming out left ear only. Not ruling out a problem on my end, but giving you a heads up !

No worries I tested on iPad and monitors. It’s not pro paid music so no biggie.

1 Like

Day 10 downtempo feels

4 Likes

day 10, just one weird sybit sound on the syntakt remembering black sabbath. distortion comes from the syntakt’s analog fx drive.

7 Likes

This one and Day 1 are my favourites from you :wink:

1 Like

Days 9 and 10! Definitely hitting a bit of a rut, but I had the same thing happen last year and it’ll pass. Onward!

chris, a friend of yours shared a post on Instagram: "Day 9 of #jamuary: kind of a meandering downtempo jam. Ended up leaving the Subharmonicon out and focusing on the two Elektron boxes with one small Minilogue part. Honestly, this is the first one...

chris, a friend of yours shared a post on Instagram: "Day 10 of #jamuary: fully ambient palate cleanse with Subharmonicon (thanks to @notice_me_then for the inspiration from their last jam!) and Syntakt drenched in @valhalladsp Supermassive. Can’t...

6 Likes

Oh boy now I do too. NGNY2023 is going to be a looooong year :0)

I can do that. @sacguy71 your last two have been coming through one speaker only.

I’ll try different cables out of the Roland synths into the TX-6, but coming from TX-6 should be recording in stereo by default.

1 Like

Here’s mine for the day. A bit droney.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CnQhKR-JJTk/

2 Likes

Took a break between building Ikea furniture to get this one in. Now back to rearranging things.

Had fun with this one, but way too short of time to work on it. I’d like to build this out later.

8 Likes

@elxsound, we seem to be on the same schedule!

I listened to a lot of Autechre today, and realized I have not nearly been utilizing the sample-editing capabilities of the OT enough.

8 Likes

:rofl: we’re in sync?

Are you on the East Coast?

1 Like

went in a pretty different direction for todays beat. been listening to a bunch of trippy turtle recently and remembering how much i loved it, thinking i wanna explore more of the current jersey club scene. this isnt jersey club really, but the kick patterns in there. made on the m8

6 Likes