Jamuary 2021 - Post your jams here

lots of good stuff in here, everyone. it’s been a good exercise to make something (just about) every day and learn along the way.

here’s a quick thing from tonight:

2 Likes

Sounds close to some of my favorite autechre tracks from the mid 90’s, like tri repetae. Nice space and funk.

1 Like

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKVijydhah6

Octatrack, Digitone, Machinedrum and Hydrasynth

2 Likes

Wow thanks! :slight_smile:

Does DAW count? Jaming in Bitwig today, before that I was jamming with Micro Freak and Digitone but too lazy to film it. Anyways:

Have a great weekend!

1 Like

for sure. Stop that dawless nonsense :wink:

2 Likes

Dirty session from yesterday dropping now here:

3 Likes

Some more deep techno with Rytm, Four, Heat, DFAM & Mother-32. Enjoy!

3 Likes

Wow, I feel a bi intimidated when I hear all the awesome music that you guys are making. While I first made a 4 bar loop when Fruity Loops was released, I only started to get back into music about a year ago. Currently, I have a Digitakt and Digitone and I am still learning them.

[embed] Jamuary2021 by jedilicious | Free Listening on SoundCloud [/embed]

I love making music, but my lack of musical experience/education is becoming clearer by the day. I feel a bit stuck in experimenting and creating loops. My main “build” up for a jam currently consists of increasing the percussive elements gradually and a filter sweep here and there.

As such, I would like to thank you all for the inspiration you offer. I learn a lot from every bit of music posted on this forum.

Hey, I like your jam! You made it and it’s awesome :sunglasses:

I think the DT/DN combo can lend themselves to getting stuck in a loop mindset. I know there are a ton of tips on the forum on different ideas for them. When I had it, I loved using the DT to make a granular soundscape in the background (using some LFOs from the DN MIDI channels will help here).

Agreed, that this place is inspiring! Grateful for it as well

1 Like
5 Likes

No. 22! Digging through the 707’s PCM waves for some decidedly digital sounds, trying some more to sound like 90s Autechre.

1 Like

Took the Dellie on a field trip to my local art museum, this is what followed …

1 Like

Learned a few things, had happy accidents…
Today was good

2 Likes

WHOA MAN! That was awesome! :+1:t6:

Thanks !!

Another Jam this month and one of my first with the wonderful mysteron module.

1 Like

1 Like

Who’s into darker more hypnotic sides of techno?

A little test run of a track that might find its way into the next live set.

Boxes uses:
OT MK2 > brain, additional drums & rumble, atmos and mixer
TR8S > drums
Virus Ti > synthetic, pads
A4 MK2 > takes stereo out of OT, adds drive, filter, fx and works as an audio interface for the smartphone which records the video with super sweet audio quality. (Thanks @Elektron for having this feature :sunglasses:)

Enjoy and thanks for watching!

2 Likes