Jamuary 2020 - any plans?

I had some fun with Korg Minilogue and Analogue Solutions Impulse Command.
Just some regular ambient noodling.
The Impulse Command is ideal for jam-noodling…
Sorry had only spare time for some jam session video footage.

Jamuary #1

5 Likes

Switched some stuff on and started recording …
Lyra-8
Guitar
Drum samples on OTmk2
FX fx fx fx fx
Yamaha Reface CP near the end.

2 Likes

Hypnotic jam! I liked it.

2 Likes

Jamuary sounds like a cool idea, so here we go: https://hemmelig-fin.bandcamp.com/track/01012020b-2

Started with me turning on power on my Lyra-8 and finding it make this weird cello-like sound/loop (I’m positive it wasn’t making this sound the last time I had it on). Nothing fancy, but maybe I’ll try to do something more elaborate with that sample later on. A fun start for the new year nonetheless.

1 Like

it begins !

3 Likes

OK, so I caved in and added yet another unfinished idea to the pile!

Not sure how many jams I’ll manage this Jamuary as I’m starting a new job. Will see how things go.

4 Likes

yea i dont think I can quite commit but I’m planning to get lots of jam vids done starting tomorrow. really looking forward to getting back into em :slight_smile:

2 Likes

jamuary day 1 - “submax” - minilogue xd + digitone processed + looped thru octatrack then sampled to digitakt

4 Likes

Ay this is tough

There is no way I’m keeping this up. Drawing for an hour a day in October and taking a picture of it is cake compared this. One day at a time I guess.

2 Likes

My first Jamuary entry, a Digitakt jam :wink:

4 Likes

I don’t want to leave a browser tab to hear Instagram jams, dammit Zuckerberg! $&@?

:panda:

sorry, off topic but it had to be done

1 Like

Missed day one. Spent a lot of time getting my audio interface to behave, and gave up…after some sleep, I got it working, and recorded this:

A bit too long, and not progressing anywhere. But that’s life :slight_smile:

5 Likes

This is the first time I try out jamuary so I’m no expert, but I think of it as an opportunity to practice creativity and force myself to sit down and come up with music instead of (in my case) binge watching youtube reviews and demos drooling over the “next” synth that will allow me to make the music of my dreams.
Last year I suffered hard hitting Gas and that resulted in me having a bunch of gear I don’t know how to use and ultimately making less music than ever, so this year I want to avoid buying gear and really try to get to know what I have. From my experience, going wider only makes option paralysis a bigger problem, so deeper it is. Hope I can make at least one jam every two or three days as time is scarce when you’re a happy new dad. Anyway, here’my first entry

digitakt+(microfreak+empress reverb)= #jamuary 01

3 Likes

nice jams guys :slightly_smiling_face:
Keep watching this thread
I only do dawfull jams these days so I will pass this year

1 Like

Nah, I think your jams are dawsome. Don’t be so down on yourself :smiley:

2 Likes

I‘m not down, just the opposite. Returning back to full DAW was one of the best experiences in a long time :slightly_smiling_face:
dawfull jams just look very boring on instagram :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

I was just making a lame joke that “dawfull” sounds like “awful”

2 Likes

ah yes :sweat_smile: dawsome jam would make a better hashtag

5 Likes

haha :smile: