Ive retired Albeton because OverBridge tested 100% with Akai MPC 2.X DAW

Ive retired Albeton because OverBridge tested 100% with Akai MPC 2.X DAW
Using Analog Heat with MPC 2.X and resampling my samples.
Works like a dream and i much prefer MPC 2.X over Ableton :slight_smile:

1 Like

Lots of missing variables you left out here.

Which specific computer? Which computer OS?

Hi Adam —
Im using:-Cheap computer mac mini (late 2014) 10.10.5 (only 4GB ram!!!) (8 GB is actually recommended)
Analog Heat Firmware 1.02 Overbridge (Dec 2016)
Using Analog Heat as sound card and heat plug in at same time. Its very stable and I think other fully featured DAW’s would not be as stable with Overbridge!Perhaps because they are so overblown with features?
but…
MPC2.X DAW is not for the fainthearted ----the GUI is a shambles a real mess if words can describe it and i believe only a small team (two or three cats) in the UK develop the software. Its full of bugs and half broken but it is very musical sounding. Perhaps because the software is so badly implemented, maybe its a fluke , that it sounds and swings so beatifully ?

Untitled

1 Like

Which MpC are you on? I might get it for my MPD232 since they said I’m eligible for an upgrade from MpC elements

MPC-X but don’t use it at home on the desk --i much prefer Heat and and just the MPC 2.X DAW itself on a nice big 27" screen and a cheap small keyboard controller.–(Roland A-01K )
With this setup you can finish stuff more easily and create some nice numbers.(Could not do that in Ableton, perhaps just me)
The A/D convertors on the heat for sampling are slightly more musical and warmer then the ones on MPC-X.

Gear list
Heat, Octatrack Mk2 x 2, Analog Keys, DSI PEK, Roland SE-02, Nord Lead 4, Roland TR8, Roland MX1, Akai MPC-X

1 Like

Bro how’s that Nord 4? You got the KB version? Are you using MMC transport controls on your midi controller to do the recording of your sequences ? Inquiring minds want to know.