It's possible to change pattern of TR-8S with Elektron device?

My Digitakt is my base from which I change the pattern for Digitone, and Rytm. I wonder if it’s possible to change also pattern in TR-8S in same time. I have tried various options but have not been successful.

Not really, at the moment. The current firmware has a bug preventing the TR-8S to stay in sync with any machine sending it Midi program changes. Not just a problem with Elektron devices. Check the TR-8S thread here where this has been discussed as well. For Roland to look into this more people have to file a bug report, I guess.

1 Like

It works on the 2.0 firmware, which you can download here. I’ve got it backed up in a few places now too, so if they take that down at some point I can send it along if anyone needs.

Please do report this to Roland Support. It started in 2.03.

You’d lose new FM stuff and I think also full use of the TR-Editor, but pattern change is way more important to me.

So you’d turn pattern change on on the TR8S and match the pattern change MIDI channels between your Elektron and TR8S. I use an Octatrack and it’s set to send pattern changes, I assume you can do the same with DN and Rytm.

4 Likes

It’s a pity, because today I bought a TR-8S and immediately updated to the latest version 2.51. I think that at this moment I don’t have real chances to discover the potential of version 2.51, because I haven’t TR-8S in hand ever. I think for now 2.0 should be OK for me anyway.

Well, I will wait for fix, hope they soon will patch this bug. Where can I report this bug? There is any form or email?

Anyway thank you @senor-bling @no-thanks , I’ve downgraded to v.2.0, and pattern change works great.

3 Likes

There may be other ways, but you can create an account, register the product and then open a support ticket here: https://www.roland.com/backstage/login

1 Like

The issue still exists in firmware v3.0

That’s just unacceptable. Shame on Roland…

Thank you so much for pointing that out! It solved the issue for now…

1 Like

I wonder if this is true for just a subset of TR8S devices, or for all of them?

If it’s the former, then maybe we’re simply being ignored by Roland?

Because I can’t imagine a world where all the TR8S devices have the same problem and nothing is being done by Roland about it, and there are so few people that are complaining about the issue…

Not sure why it should only affect a subset. My device isn’t affected once I downgrade to 2.0. But I don’t want to, because of the editor and the additional models.

Yes, it’s weird Roland seems to ignore this.

Hi

I’m new to the tr8s
Firmware v2.0 has been removed from Roland’s site, is it possible to find somewhere else?
Currently on v.2.51 want to downgrade.

Thanks

@Sponte I have this in my downloads folder, not sure if it’s the same Firmware but judging by the name, it should be.
tr8s_sys_v200.zip (2.4 MB)

1 Like

Thanks, it looks like the same as Microtribe PM me