It's Electric! (Place for Electro and Breaks, and such.)

Well, we had some Techno threads. We have a Hippity Hop thread. I was watching another QBert video, but it didn’t fit there, and then I thought… We need one of these threads… Classic Electro, ElectroFunk, ElectroBreakFunk++, Old Break, New Break, Acid Break, whatever you like that loosely fits here:

or

or

9 Likes

I think we have a thread for this already:

Q-Bert’s deck covers are sweet!

2 Likes

I saw that, but it seemed like the topic was Q&A to me. :smiley:

1 Like

Fair. The YouTubes swamped the Q+A in my memory.

1 Like
1 Like
2 Likes

I wish I could find some decent quality DJ Ghost / Frank Nitty (Ghostribe) stuff. They usually played some really nice electro-break-y-stuff with scratching etc. There are a few things on YouTube, but nothing of good quality. Sounds like they were transferred off of the 90’s mix-tapes. :smiley:

This one is good, but poor quality:

I used to go to any party that this guy would play at (well, in Washington / Oregon…)

Another good one:

1 Like

Fast (Algibra - dist bist Muzik, Algibra - Du bis Licht)

Slow

And have to post the flip side

3 Likes

Sick. Reminds me of this (which might be a bit off-topic):

2 Likes

Yo… this is a dope thread! Can we post tunes that we made ourselves? I mean… I got a TR8S… might as well try a crack at this genre too!

1 Like

This got me into electro back in the day…must have listened to it a thousand times…probably more!
Still love it! It’s full of classics. :black_heart:

7 Likes

Please do!!

Electro faves:

The OG:

3 Likes

My favorite

1 Like

Wicked track - with a most entertaining video to boot! Old you tube - low quality but worth the watch.

And the remix by Rude Solo takes it to another dimension - the build then the drop at around 3:20 - damn

3 Likes

Classic!

More Luke Slater! Freek Funk - YouTube

1 Like