Issues with MIDI sends

Hello guys, in these days i’m going out of crazy with a little issue on my Elektron model samples. i can’t understand why my device doesn’t send MIDI data anymore to my laptop. i’m trying ti receive MIDI datas on Ableton live 12. I don’t think it’s a problem with Ableton 12, even though everything worked until version 11. the thing is that I also tried with a MIDI tester, and it doesn’t seem to send data in any way. am I doing something wrong? can someone help me? A thousand thanks.

How are sending midi into Ableton Live, directly over usb or with a midi interface?

In any case, go to the config menu in your Model:Samples, go to “Midi”, scroll to “Ports” and check if “Out to” is set to “USB” if you have it connected directly over usb or to “Mid” if you’re using the 3,5 mm midi out with a midi interface.

In the track setup menu you can check if a track sends out its note data over midi (Track Settings -> MOut).

If your midi settings are correctly configured in Ableton Live, you should be able to send midi.

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure I’ve already done all these checks, but I’ll do it again and let you know

Sometimes it happens that Live doesn’t recognize any midi messages on my pc, I have to close it and open it again, then it works…but you probably already did that as well…

I don’t know if the M:S sends midi when the track is muted, I’d assume it doesn’t. Sometimes it’s the little things…at least the little indicator light at the top should light up when you have the M:S configured to send clock.

it always happens like this, you always have the mistake right under your nose but you never realize it, fortunately nowadays there are these forums with people smarter than me who make sure that I am able to notice my stupidest mistakes.

I solved the problem! in my track settings the “Mout” was deactivated. I was really sure I had checked it, thank you so much for letting me do this check.

2 Likes