Issues connecting RYTM mk1 via Transfer (OSX Mojave) via USB

Trying to use Elektron Transfer (Mac) app v1.2.2.9 to move samples to my RYTM mk1 v1.50a.
I’ve turned off OB2 engine and RYTM app is not running. I boot Transfer and set the correct MIDI in/out to the device. Hit the connect button but it won’t connect? Any ideas?

I’ve also now tried this in both OSX Sierra and Mojave with no change.
I’ve also tried via USB direct connection rather than over Midi with no change.
Nothing seems to work. I’m using the actual Elektron USB cable plugged directly into MacPro.

I’ve checked my Global settings to make sure my midi ins/outs were set to receive/send and in my MIDI setup app I’ve confirmed midi is getting in/out through my MOTU USB midi interface.

Is there a way to just use the new Overbridge2 to move samples back and forth between the unit?

1 Like

I’m not sure if it works the same way with a mac, but in Windows, I’ve managed to use the transfer tool by selecting the Rytm itself as the midi in / out device over USB.

1 Like

Good idea ~ I’ll try doing it via USB and see how that goes.

Unfortunately that doesn’t seem to work either. I’ve got the RYTM set to USB MIDI mode and the midi in/out set to USB. In the Transfer app I select the USB for RYTM for in and out and hit Connect but it never connects and the connect spinning wheel goes indefinitely.

Ive got the same issue using MPB Catalina 10.15.3…

My OS is back on Sierra 10.12 so I’m think that the new 1.50A RYTM firmware has made the Transfer app not connect properly.

Has anyone figured this out? I can’t seem to get Transfer to connect to my RYTM MK1 either. I opened a support ticket with Elektron. I’m on Catalina.

So after all this, I was finally able to get my RYTM mk1 connect via USB with the Transfer app program. I did a factory reset on my RYTM and went through the whole process again of setting Midi in/out to USB, turning off OB, etc. This was with my MacPro running Mojave. Sadly, I don’t really understand why it didn’t connect to begin with, and then suddenly did. I wish they would just add file transfer to OB2 and then all would be better. Hope you can get it working!

Same issue here! High Sierra 10.13.6 on a MacPro 5.1 with USB 3.0 Sonnet Allegro card. Tansfer not connect to mi Rytm MKI

I’m having the same issue here - RYTM mk1 connected via USB to Macbook Pro running Catalina. I’ve done the factory reset and tried to initiate the connection with Transfer multiple times. My RYTM is on 1.31B currently and I’m trying to put on 1.60A. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

1 Like

I believe that Rytm OS predates transfer which is probably the issue. You may have to do a one time Midi Din update to get up to 1.60a then transfer should work. on Mac I recommend Sysex Librarian

You’ll need some kind of USB to midi interface most mid tier audio interfaces have them if you have something like a Focusrite 6i6 or the like. P.S. Welcome!

You sir, are a scholar and a gentleman! That Sysex Librarian totally worked and I’m running on 1.60a. Thanks for your help!

1 Like