Issue with MIDI CCs - Octatrack as a MIDI controller

I’ve owned an Octatrack mk1 for a few months and have consistently used it to control other gear via MIDI ccs, it works great and the response is always very smooth (for example, I’m always doing filter sweeps in the Minitaur via the Octatrack with little to no stepping).

Yesterday my OTO Boum arrived, and one of the main reasons I bought it was the MIDI implementation. Much to my disappointment, trying to control the LPF via MIDI with the Octatrack was nearly impossible due to the HEAVY stepping and lag.

I then attempted the same thing but using the Digitone as the MIDI controlled, and it then worked perfectly!

Does anyone have any idea what the issue could be? The Octatrack MIDI CCs work perfectly with all my other gear, and Boum responds perfectly to CCs sent by the Digitone, yet if I use the octatrack it’s nearly unusable.

Any input would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Update: the problem persists using the OT MIDI out, the DN MIDI thru, the MD MIDI thru and using my buffered MIDI splitter.

The OT MIDI CCs work normally, however, when using the TD-3 MIDI out/thru as a thru port.

Any ideas why?

is the OT sending any other midi messages? clock, etc

Yes, clock and sequences to other synths.