Issue triggering tracks with trigger buttons

Hello all,
I am hoping someone can help me out, as I am still learning this Octatrack.
I have an Octatrack mk2, just got it about 3 weeks ago. I also have a digitakt for about 8 months, so somewhat familiar with the workflow, although octatrack is quite different in a lot of ways.
I keep running into an issue on my octatrack (and have seen it once on my digitakt) where my trigger keys do not trigger the tracks. I hit them and no sounds.
I can hit record button and all the lights will light, the tracks will play in play mode, everything appears very normal, except I can’t trigger the samples. I can dbl click the Track button and press FUNC+Yes, and this will play the sample fine as well.
I have checked the mixer, tracks are not muted.
checked levels, as I said, when triggered by the sampler they play fine.
Just not sure where/what to look at.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for any assistance, it is appreciated.
Cheers!

The behaviour of the trig keys depends on the current/active trig mode.

Search the manual for “trig modes” for the details.

1 Like

Hello Tnussb,
Thank you for your response.
I have checked the trig mode as I was sure I would find my answer there, but no.
In ‘tracks’ mode and ‘chromatic’ mode I get no sound from the triggers, however, in chromatic mode, I can see the keys I press on the little keyboard on the screen.
I got to “slots” and I start getting sound responses from pressing the triggers. Don’t understand slot mode but ill get to that, however it is making noise. It also makes noises in the slices mode as well.

I figure I must have changed some weird setting somewhere… I don’t get it.
Also, the midi triggers don’t work from the trigger buttons, but they work from the sequencer, so its not limited to the sample tracks.
I’ve got to be missing something stupid.

regards

Check in menu MIDI->CONTROL the setting for AUDIO NOTE OUT. It needs to be either INT or INT+EXT otherwise the TRIG keys won’t effect the internal engine.

If this doesn’t help try a reboot. Sometimes the OT gets in a weird state which resolves mysteriously by rebooting.

5 Likes

Thank you Tnussb!! That was it. Had been changed to ext.
I will have to make a note of that. Sometimes I get lazy with they arrow keys and don’t realize I’ve changed settings.

Greatly appreciate your help!
Regards

1 Like

3 years after your comment it still helped me understand wtf i was doing wrong haha thanks