Issue opening transfer files 1. 4 on iPad

Having issues unloading elektron update files from iCloud on iPad to upgrade Digitakt.
Can’t get them to open for the life of me. Used win zip and drop box to no avail.
iPad is up to date. Used to use a Mac, I’m new to iPad. Maybe I’m missing a step in the process. It’s getting infuriating. Thanks

You trying to transfer sysex from iOS to digitakt by unzipping the os ?

I’m not too sure what I’m doing to be honest. Do I even need sysex, I thought all I need was transfer? I download the files from elektron.se to my iPad, then I try to send it via USB to my digitakt. I thought I could do this via the Transfer software. I don’t know, I’m missing some step in the process :man_shrugging:

Are you talking about the Transfer iOS app? That’s not Elektron made. You need to use the Elektron Transfer program on your computer.

No, I’ve downloaded Transfer from elektron. And the digitakt O/S upgrade. I can’t open the Transfer file…

Sorry if ive misunderstood the process

Only for Mac and Windows I’m afraid.

1 Like

Transfer is for mac or pc
It’s used to transfer the digitakt os which is a separate download

I’m not sure you can upgrade digitakt os unless you extract the Sysex file out of the zip and use a package on iOS to transfer it via midi.

3 Likes

Yea some kind of MIDI over USB app would work but I am not familiar with that ecosystem (iOS).

1 Like

Yep, this is more than likely my issue I think…

Thanks guys :+1:

1 Like

I use ipads to update elektron stuff.
You need to download the update file and send it with a sysex librarian like sysex base or somethig that will “play” a sysex file.

2 Likes

Thanks, I will give it a look

I have the Apple camera adapter, sysex base app, Roland usb midi interface UM-ONE…And I’m Still unable to update/send the upgrade o/s from my iPad to the Digitakt.

Maybe I should try and find a friend who has a Mac. Don’t seem to be getting anywhere…

Youre still not trying to install tranfer, are you?
Load sysex file into sysex base
Connect digi and ipad with um1 and cck
Select um1 in sysex base
Put digi in uodate mode
Play sysex file

1 Like

No, I’ve downloaded the operating system into my iPad, then into sysex base.
It’s in sysex base. I see the UM (interface) in the software- it’s green tabbed.
I bring up the operating system uprade option in the digitakt.
I hit transfer in the sysex base, it starts transferring according to the software. The red light even corresponds on the UM roland.
Midi connections are in the correct ports.
Elektron digitakt says waiting for sysex. Nothing happens.

One thing I’m not sure of is what is text, and what is Hex in the sysex software. I’ve tried uploading both anyway, to no avail…

And the midi and USB option on ports is selected on the digitakt :man_shrugging:

Thanks…

what you tried doing it the other way? sysex dump/backup from the digi to the iPad?