Isn't the Analog Four the most incredible and deep instrument from Elektron so far?

like with the opsix: nothing that ships to my country. #doomed

2 Likes

Where are you?

germany :wink:

Patience will be rewarded.

That and checking eBay and reverb 15 times a day for 3 months.

5 Likes

Amazing pics, how does it sound? :slight_smile:

A big fan myself of audio/video versions vs pictures actually.

I have a bunch of samples from this setup, most of which are run through the Heat, over on my Free Samples thread.

I’m not really setup for video

Which movie is that?)

It’s one of the infamous banned ‘video nasties’ of the 80s, it’s called Nightmare (1981)

1 Like

Could you elaborate ? I don’t get “fewest tracks”.

4 tracks. Well, I guess the Digitone has 4 as well but with more polyphony, right? I have never used one so I can’t really speak to that one.

1 Like

Digitone is 4 tracks with 8 voices.
Analog Four is 4 tracks with 4 voices plus a CV Track and an FX track

Model Samples and Cycles has 6 tracks but only one voice per track and no polyphony.

2 Likes

sorry meant deep as in how complex it is to master. Both are fantastic and I have the OT+A4 combo and want a Rytm to complete the dark trilogy. I am done buying eurorack modules for a while so think next year a Rytm would be nice.

2 Likes

Dn is thinner sounding. Unison mode is really wonderful but then you polyphony is less. I really like unison mode on DN for bass sounds.

If the A4 had 8 or 12 voice polyphony it would be unmatched. IMHO.

2 Likes

The thing with having an Octatrack or MPC in your setup, is that your A4 or DN can be as polyphonic as you like, even on full Unison.

Hell, I multisample my Digitone on full Unison with my MPC and turn it into a polyphonic Instrument. That makes 4 note Unison chords that are 32 voice.

Digitone

Analog Four

3 Likes

Yes, good call. Counting the CV and FX tracks feels like “cheating”, but they both make sound and can be sequenced :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m pleased it’s 4 voices. The predictable headroom is a practical benefit. There’s also a known sort of idiomatic quantity as with LSDJ or composing for a chamber quartet. It makes me feel closer to the machine.

10 Likes

Hey all, my Analog Four arrived today! And I took it for a test drive right away (well, an nostalgia trip) and created sounds from scratch. First impressions:

Behringer announced Solina, but who needs that when having an A4?

I’d love to have a Roland Alpha Juno, but who needs that when having an A4?
[Edit: as a full song in a video

)

I have a TD-3 (I’ll keep it), but who needs that when having an A4?

And some mildly interesting industrial drums
(Edit - way better, a crunchy full industrial song:

)

Sorry, it’s my first day with the A4!

90 Likes

Simply brilliant :wink:

1 Like

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: Bravo!
Impressive first day ! :content:

1 Like

very nice!
next one please: pulsar 23 :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Hahaaaa, after DFAM :stuck_out_tongue:

(whoops, that’s loud.)

17 Likes