Isn't the Analog Four the most incredible and deep instrument from Elektron so far?

me too :partying_face:

2 Likes

MKI or MKII ?

Had an hour with OT arp into A4 multimap. Always forget what a pleasure this is. Sounds something like 4 dfams at once :upside_down_face:

10 Likes

mk1 4 life

2 Likes

I tried @estragon’s technique of abusing the polyphony settings via “use trk sound” and I feel like I can’t go back to making stuff that doesn’t sound utterly ridiculous.

5 Likes

well, most of everything else i got has to go for it, of course.

1 Like

MKII since i always try to opt for future proof (and having warranty).

3 Likes

Too many of something is only too many if it starts to hinder the goal that motivated the multiple purchases in the first place.

You can have multiples of a thing and achieve the goal you set out on acquiring them, even if others looking in might consider it excessive.

That’s the beauty of hobbies / music production. You roll your own way.

4 Likes

Is 3 times the price of an MKI, which form factor suits DIGIs. You choose…

That’s not the whole picture when it comes to comparing used MkIs and MkIIs.

Plus my MkII fits perfectly with my Digis?

15 Likes

You can pick up black Mk2s with a couple of years warranty for less than 800 quid on eBay these days.

2 Likes

Which is what I did.

No-one likes a show off

3 Likes

I do

2 Likes

that’s the plan, just with Syntakt and Digitakt :wink:

1 Like

Literally a £20 double monitor Vesa mount that clamps to my desk

BTW I am totally excited to hear the source of these magical £270 A4 MkIs in the same condition as my £800 MkII

I will absolutely buy one of those today to double my voice count :smiley:

I’d say the OT isn’t even that deep, rather that it’s really wide. With the OT you have to rely a lot on effects, retriggering tricks, slices, LFOs, scenes, etc. which granted are quite powerful. But the A4 is both wide and deep with a deceptively simple set of components, so much interaction between them, and so many sweet spots and ways to navigate them. It has the fewest tracks of any post-Sidstation Elektron, which I think is what makes many people overlook it.

6 Likes

Ok twice the price second hand.

Anything would fit “perfectly” that way! :content:

Check this :

4 Likes

The beauty of fitting things that way :smiley:

2 Likes