Isla S2400

Wait, I’m confused… they made it look like the SP1200, but not sound like one?

Who is it for then exactly?

This info is on the Gearsultz forum. Had browse throu yesterday and, don’t quote me, but it samples at 24bit. Two options are available a 12bit or a 24bit.

Edit: I think they will use those filters you mentioned. Just checked page 10… https://www.gearslutz.com/board/electronic-music-instruments-and-electronic-music-production/1252738-isla-instruments-sp2400-10.html

1 Like

Caught up on some of the videos for this. I’m quite impressed. Will follow with interest.

READY

update: readyisch

6 Likes

It looks ready but by god it sounds like they’ve got a mountain of work to do software wise.

2 Likes

Looks nice, wanna see someone play with it though first

1 Like

Yeah - this is where I am at the moment. I don’t really need / have room for another sampler, but this looks well thought out and fun to use.

2 Likes

A simple sampler. 2020 we have a new revolution coming. No more menu diving.

3 Likes

I would not go for the first production run myself + wait for firmware stability at the same time :+1:t2:

1 Like

That’s looking pretty good, though!

1 Like

May have to wait 6 months though. Life is short.

2 Likes

“We just need to drop in the code” :roll_eyes:

Seriously though, the hardware does look very pretty.

4 Likes

I am not waiting for it to create, don’t think I want it at this point. Let’s see in 6 months.

Looks quite nice, I thought it was going to be more of a clone though, using the same converters as the original. As it stands it looks like a simple no fuss sampler, not for me but interesting to see where it goes.

1 Like

model:samples is 299 right now and 250 used

1 Like

But it doesn’t sample, and doesn’t have phono preamps. This seems aimed at a pretty different target market than the model:samples.

5 Likes

i’m all up for this if it does the job well. slicing samples and pitching by faders could really do it for me. id be smashing out crunchy earl/samiyam/madlib style beats like no mans business

It took pioneer 3 years to get the Toraiz SP-16 where it is. Just saying. I love my SP-16 but it was worth the wait

2 Likes

The Isla SP2400 is going to have some real competition here:

1 Like

Oh yes. A simple used cheap laptop with a used cheap midi controller can do the job.
Sampling is digital, so there is no reason to not have very good result with computer.

2 Likes