Is user PeterHanes a robot?

I thought you meant open heart surgery. I am new here :sweat:

1 Like

I was really hoping I’d met a being with 148 hearts, but knowing someone who’s appreciated by someone who’s appreciated is the next best thing!

1 Like

Not sure I quite agree with mentioning a user’s name in the subject, but here we are and I’ll gladly take the opportunity to thank @PeterHanes for helping to make this place one of the most helpful and friendly online environments I’m aware of. I admire the almost stoic composure you are able to keep up when pointing people in direction of the search function for the umpteenth time, let alone the fact you seem to have memorized large parts of the search index yourself. In a shootout between you and the search function my money would definitely be on you.

19 Likes

Same here, both in general as a precedent and in particular for Peter who can reach out if it’s uncomfortable and would like to retire the topic or would like the name obfuscated :thup:

6 Likes

Yep, feels overly intrusive even in this context

3 Likes

Robots don’t possess feelings and Peter Hanes has lots of love to give. So much in fact its too much for AI.

5 Likes

Dang, no results found :rofl:

9 Likes

I saw him savoring a fine meal with some Bourgogne in a French restaurant.

I can trust someone who appreciates eating high quality cuisine.

@PeterHanes was an excellent moderator.
———
My friend, you know my door is forever open to you if you pass by again!

4 Likes

Nah, he used to live in Salford. No robots there.

1 Like

When my nephew got his first job, everyone at work loved him. He didn’t quite understand why, though clearly he was happy about it. I had a few mates who worked there, so I asked them, how’s it going for my nephew?

Turns out, as I listened to their feedback, it all became very clear -
He showed up in time, as per agreed. To work, to meetings, such things.

He did the tasks he was asked to do, as was expected.

Whenever he questioned something, he did so for a reason and without causing conflict - even if the topic was hot.

He was polite, gave other people space when appropriate and took his own when needed.

He always performed at the best of his abilities. That didn’t mean he always nailed it, just that he was honest about this being his best, right now.

Essentially, he behaved like a decent, respectful human being, remaining honest and true to himself and his people, and respectful even when push came to shove. You’d think that just being a stand up person wouldn’t be enough to get credit, because that should be the least we can expect from each other.

But the world doesn’t work that way and just by being a great guy, you’re already doing a fantastic job for the community, the people and the world at large @PeterHanes - the fact that you also know your shit, certainly adds lots of icing to an already well made cake.

My nephew’s job, by the way? Filing bugs in an issue tracker.

10 Likes

Based on @peterhanes statistics I would ask. Do we really deserve his hearts? Cause by the looks of it he seems to give a lot more then he receives… so fellow Elektronauts I think we as a community has to ask ourselves. are we really worthy of @peterhanes ?

4 Likes

PeterHanes’ efficiency and matter-of-factness always reminded me of Judah from Bojack Horseman. Legendary forum member tbh

2 Likes

What a beautiful word. Makes me wish I‘d been brought up speaking English once again.

3 Likes

I can vouch for his humanity. I met him in Canada a few years ago when we played a show there. Although, now that I think about it, there was a slight electrical hum whenever I got near him… :thinking:

4 Likes

Because of the risk of rust?
:cloud_with_rain:

8 Likes

Thanks to everyone for their unnecessarily kind words.

Please go back to making music, you sycophants. :heart:

44 Likes

Who else is really excited for another PeterHanes love thread in another year or two with a PeterHanes “previously on elektronauts” post referring to this one?

15 Likes

:joy:

1 Like

This is how we create a space wormhole !

1 Like

Alrighty, it’s clear that Peter no longer wishes to be singled out. This thread has run its course. We love you, Peter.

:thup:

22 Likes