Is tinned fish the next succulent?

I don’t spend enough time on YouTube to know if this trend has actually made it into synth videos yet…

2 Likes

I like to make a tuna two on mine…

10 Likes

Roland are considering bringing back the D-Bream.

18 Likes

Is phatty acid a genera already?

9 Likes

I was in the 90’s dance outfit Omega 3. I think

4 Likes

It must be kinda weird when you can literally smell the music…

2 Likes

I preferred Orcatechre and Squarefisher personally.

7 Likes

I must admit I was surprised when I saw my local fishmonger was selling P’lock…

He’s a good lad, used to play for city. Jamie something…

2 Likes

I don’t know about you but I avoid consuming aphex predators.

8 Likes

Something’s fishy about this topic…

1 Like

I don’t like eating humans, too. :wink:

2 Likes

The fact that I don’t get if this is a joke or not, goes to show how much I don’t get TikTok. And how old I am.

2 Likes

Chef José Andrés has been quick to remind viewers just discovering tinned fish that it has long been common as part of the cuisine in Spain and Portugal.

Also commonly found in markets catering to East Asians and Pacific Islanders. I’ve heard rumors that Scandinavians will occasionally indulge in tinned fish, but I can’t remember if my local IKEA carries any…

Maybe there are shortages of niche European tinned fish, but SayWeee still has a vast array of tinned foods.

I’m mildly skeptical, something smells a bit off about this article.

To me, this reads as either marketing-masquerading-as-journalism on behalf of the TikTokkers, or WASPs terrified of food that has actual flavor. (possibly both)

2 Likes

The “fancier” tinned fish isn’t hard to find by me but sardines in mustard sauce which my grandparents always had a few in cupboard (likely due to living through the depression) are unobtanium in my hood. We have this “zero waste” bar around the corner from me that charges something like $15 for a tin of fish and some crackers :scream:

1 Like

Not a WASP but tinned sardines are pretty WASPY actually.

1 Like

Absolutely, which is why I read this article more as cultural ignorance than anything else. Mainstream American markets seem to treat canned food in general as poverty food - limited selection, limited flavor. Asian markets often have a vast array of tinned foods ranging from cheap and delicious to expensive and delicious.

1 Like

This makes me realize that I never have looked at the tinned fish section at H-mart.

1 Like

Hardly. The risk of herring damage is too high.

9 Likes

Also check out 99 Ranch - they tend to have more dry goods vs. fresh at H-mart.

1 Like

Will do but what H-mart might lack in dry goods they make up with Japanese Breakfast on the large TV near the check-out giving recipe advice.

1 Like