Is this RYTM faulty? Check vid - Thanks

As you can hear the first time I record the overdrive movement it is smooth but then when it loops round it is glitchy and jumps between a low and high value.
I’ve done this many times always with the same results.
At the beginning of the video you can see clearly I have reset the automation fully before laying it in.

it’s a step sequencer … this is normal
try using parameter slides

5 Likes

I thought the knob movements would be recorded smooth? So you’re saying record in a movement and then add a parameter slide? and that’ll sort it out?

It will cut your knob turn into 16 jumps. If slides don’t do it for you ramp up the value using plocks or my trick is to plock lfo amount for smooth motion.

1 Like

Thanks for your replies - Im out at the moment so I’ll have to try these suggestions later but Im happy o hear this is normal and not a faulty unit.

When performing live though is it possible to do this quickly so we dont have to listen to unintentional glitches? Or is it even possible to add the smoothness before?

I really appreciate your help :slight_smile:

You can possibly* assign parameter slides to steps as Trigless locks before hand and then when you record stuff in it will linearly interpolate between locked recorded values and the next trig, but it will interpolate/ramp all values that are locked on a trig

If you were to time a parameter sweep from Hi to low over one bar perfectly it will be heard back (after recording) as 16 steps, if you apply parameter slides it will be as you intended (for that simple case) … you cannot get any smoother than linear between 1/16th steps

edit*: it doesn’t work out well with pre-assigned slides on trigs (deleted when recording), however, pre-assigned probability info is retained from a Trig less lock trig which is why I thought it may work

1 Like

If you’re doing it live, would you be recording the plocks as a practical matter?

Indeed, why not just make performance macros for these parameters? Do you need to be able to loop the results?

2 Likes

The parameter slide thing kinda helps but it’s still not perfect, it sounds very different to the original

I’ll look into the other suggestions as well :slight_smile:

Cheers

if you want the recording resolution to be a little higher you may want to set the pattern speed to 2x (function + page/scale)

I’ll try that for sure - Sounds like it should work :slight_smile:

I was really surprised when I found this out, I guess that’s the nature of a “step” sequencer.
Apparently if a device can record smooth midi they will call it a “linear” sequencer…

1 Like