Is this possible/? sample continue to play across parts and patterns

hi all, me again :slight_smile:

I know this is possible, I think it is anyway, i’m sure i’ve seen it but cannot remember how to achieve,

i have a full track playing from a static machine i wish to mix, it is residing on its own part, i want to leave it playing and hear it while i switch patterns that are linked to new parts.

I thought it was achievable by triggering the file on plays free but it stops playing once i switch patterns, i tried tracks mode and just hit the track / machine play but again when i start the next pattern it mutes…confused. i can’t use slots as its a static and not sure that would work anyway.

any ideas or know how, im sure its a simple one and i am just being dumb

this is to play across different parts - i can do it easy if i place it in the same part.

thanks everybody - this is further down the road of my performance im trying to build in the OT

Read up on the ‘silence tracks’ settings! If checked, samples will enter the release stage of the AHR env when switching to a new pattern!

Could be something else, but I need an OT in front of me to check.

2 Likes

Haha if that’s it I owe you an Internet beer or cocktail, your choice.

2 Likes

Yep, I’ve got it working, takes a tiny bit of thinking so that the new part has no trigs on that particular machine or it gets silenced (makes sense as monophonic) but it’s just about being cute where it’s used.

Cheers

1 Like