Is this circuit broken?

Hi guys. Yesterday my monomachine got the frozen startup issue. I figured out how to resolve this, and i found a loose connector. Now it fully works again!! However i discovered that the previous owner have done a major mistake when unscrewing the board: it looks like one of the circuits below the volume and tempo are broken. Could any of you please have a look at my pictures to confirm this and / or provide me with some steps to repair this. It must be said the machine fully works, so im quite not sure if i should do anything about it. Thanks in advance

What do you mean, it is broken ? From the pictures, I would say the soldering seems still ok, I can’t see any crackles.
The down view is not very clear, could you do another picture with some external lighting?

Best would be to ask Elektron support I guess.

Do you mean the copper trace that seem’s to be damaged and split by a sharp object?

1 Like

Thank you. here is another pic

yes :frowning:

Try to measure if there’s about 0 ohms resistance between the 2 with the machine turned off. Use a cheap multimeter. Although before resoldering it (piece of bare wire on top with a tiny bit of solder) i would check Elektron. Very occasionally pcb’s are corrected manually if a batch contained a designersflaw.
Doesn’t look like professional work though.

It looks like a ground plane is scratched so it shouldn’t cause any problems. You can conceal it if you are worried about corrosion (very unlikely). I wouldn’t be bothered though.

thanks, how do i measure it? haha sorry im a bit n00b, but i have a multimeter

ah ok, thank you so much, may i ask what is the best way to conceal it?

you are concerned about this (red arrow), right?

yes!

I wonder if that whole square is just ground and just darker but anything but broken.

there are different concealers on the market. search for: Conformal Coating

1 Like

Ok so I shouldnt worry?

to check if it is ground check continuity (with multimeter) between exposed area (scratch) and any ground point

1 Like

depends on how pedantic you are :slight_smile:
in technical terms you are ok, if you are after having things done properly i would coat it

1 Like

I just want it to work and not blow up in my face :slight_smile:

that will not happen :slight_smile:
on a side note, soldering job is not very clean :wink:

1 Like

hehe ok thank you. yeah even i can see that, but it is been a long time since i bought it second hand.

do you know about any good step by step guide to check continuity with the multimeter?