Is there anything being released this year that's going to make you drop everything else?

There’s a few big expectations and they aren’t likely to be cheap. But as always these things are always inevitable in electronics. Any thoughts on this?

I definitely wouldn’t need to sell everything to get one, but I’m looking forward to seeing the Sonicware Lofi 12 XT. It might be exactly the thing that I’ve been wanting. So I’m really looking forward to seeing all the videos whenever it drops

6 Likes

didnt know about it - looks really cool!
gonna keep an eye on it as well!

Probably not. Every time I think something is going to replace multiple other things (MPC, Push3SA, Syntakt) I find I enjoy using the separate pieces more.

5 Likes

Ableton 12

Same camp. Downsized to two compact setups (ST/DN and AR/A4) and really happy about it. So if Elektron doesn’t release an all in one box, I don’t see myself changing that much.

I think two years ago I might have GASed heavily for a Super Gemini. Knowing that I won’t really make music with such a giant poly synth, I’m not concerned there.

1 Like

Carbon dioxide.

19 Likes

Suno.ai :laughing:

1 Like

Great Fever Ray song!

1 Like

Is there anything being released this year that’s going to make you want to sell everything?

I think releasing more myself will contribute to the time and headspace to sell more stuff :smiley:

4 Likes

10 comments in and not a single mention of Digitakt MKII. Tsk tsk.

7 Likes

sell everything for something being released this year…?

no, I just bought a new car. so I’m good.

1 Like

Nobody really needs another drum sequencer.

Octatrack MK3 is clearly the only correct answer

5 Likes

I quit selling the gear I loved, just meticulously collecting now

5 Likes

…since i’m back in the box running bitwig, there’s pretty much nothing left in hw instruments, that still could tickle or tease me…
and to be brutally honest, i can’t wait 'til i can finally just talk to it, tell it what to do, having a few virtual audioengineers always at my disposal…just thinking out loud…
one of my dreams was always brain to midi…next year all that will become reality…

2 Likes

I’ve thought about that a lot too.
I’d sketch up so many tracks driving to work or something.

Not released this year, but I’ve been planning for months to pick up a Machinedrum to finally have a complete studio :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’m going to drop everything regardless. Mostly because I’m clumsy.

Whoops…I dropped my last track. I can’t even find it.

3 Likes

1 Like