Is there a way to quickly copy patterns?

Hi. I am trying out all possible workflows to see what suits me best and currently I am searching for a way to quickly copy/paste a selected pattern to the first 64 patterns (banks A-D). Do you maybe know of a simpler way to do this other than by hand? Some computer, ipad app trick maybe?

Many thanks…

Function + Copy copies a pattern when not in record mode…no way to paste it to ALL banks at the same time though

2 Likes

Hi Urban,
You can paste to multiple patterns at the same time but im not sure about all of them,

To Copy
press and hold BANK
Select a Pattern(A1 etc) + COPY

To Paste
Press and hold BANK
Select multiple pattern destinations + PASTE

Not sure what the limit is but i’ve manged pasting 5 at a time
could probably do 6 if i start using my chin :wink:

darren

8 Likes

Thanks guys this is great. 5 fingers trick is a win! :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

has anyone managed to copy a whole bank at once? I’m trying to move a whole bank to another (or a different project) but i haven’t found a way to copy/paste a whole bank at once.

I just figured it out:

To Copy
press and hold BANK
Select a Pattern(A1 etc) + COPY

–> Selected Bank is now copied into memory

To Paste
Press and hold BANK
Select a new or multiple Patterns + PASTE
–> Then HOLD the PASTE BUTTON until you get the confirmation that the Pattern has been pasted

Its a game-changer for me, now I can finally move whole banks around :wink:

2 Likes

Nope, just one pattern from the bank(not a bank) - this is well discussed and it should be in the manual too

That would take a few steps as a bank can have 16 patterns, if you select more than one pattern from a bank at the copy stage you simply enter chain mode

So one can be copied to many destinations unlike by contrast trigs (in grid edit) where many can be copied, but only to one to one (i.e. the paste action can specify only the start point of the paste, the paste will copy many trigs and preserve spaces - if you copy three spaced trigs and select two trig poaitions to paste to, the second spot will just acquire a new normal trig - you just paste to one place and the buffer trigs will be placed properly there) The contrast helps me remember, but it’s nicest to be able to paste ahead to a pattern(s) whilst you work on one, without leaving it

1 Like